Dual Boot ?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Bhaive_01, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Bhaive_01

Bhaive_01 .

Already have Win2K and I want to install Linux. Is there a way to install Linux w/o having to uninstall Win2K?

2. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

depending on what flavor of linux you install, it will recognize your windows partition and keep it as a bootup option. It will take over your boot sector and you will have to choose linux or windows when you boot your computer. I'm speaking for Redhat and SuSE here because i know they both do this. Don't know about others.

3. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

and one more thing, it's ALWAYS a good idea to backup any critical files you might have on your computer "just in case" ;)

4. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

Have you ever thought about building a really really cheap 2nd box to put Linux on? I'd say something in the $200 range would probably work really well depending on what you're looking to do...

5. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

yes astro is right. hang out at used computer shops that what i did. they were gonna toss out a darnk 17 inch monitor. it took it, opened it up and increased the brightness manually! works like a dream

i also got myself a p2-233 with 8gb hdd, 36x cd-rom, 10/100 nic, 64mb ram, for free too. (that is currently my gentoo box, took 10 days to compile it! :o, and no gui either!!!)