DTS sound ?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by shiznits, Jun 12, 2003.

1. shiznits

shiznits What

When I set my DVD to DTS and receiver to DTS it wont work. It has worked on one movie. The rest I try wont work. Tried the instuctions but nothing. Thanks for any help.

2. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

you should be using an optical or dig coax out to the receiver and make sure DTS is turned on in the actual dvd players set up menu. easiest way eject the disc and let the drawer stay out and press set up it should bring you to the menu

3. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

If you have a newer Sony DVD player, check the options.
    On my old one (i use it only for SACD playback now, i use my CP72 for DVD's) it had a setting where it would decode the DTS track on the DVD, but it would digitally output it under the Dolby Digital signature. So the reciever would detect it as Dolby Digital. Weird, i know. But By default DTS output was set to Dolby Digital.

EDIT:

Whe you say it doesnt work, do you literally mena you get no sound?
    Also is your DTS input set to a different digital input?
    And what kind of reciever are you using, most ALL of the recievers ive ever seen have an auto switch to go from Dolby Digital to DTS depending on the signal signature.

4. shiznits

shiznits What

My receiver is a Yammy. Every thing is hooked up correct and by optical cable. The DVD is panasonic progressive scan RP56. I have not tried to set it up while the drawer is out. It has worked on one movie. The next one I tried it did not work ( the movie was in dts format).
    When I go to the set up on dvd it has PCM down conversion ( yes or no ), DDigital (bisteam or pcm ) which should I have these on. Thanks for the comments

5. shiznits

shiznits What

Anyone else have any idea?

6. duff

duff what's the score here?

PCM downconversion: no

that may help. You don't want any PCM.

But if it worked once, then I have no idea.