dsm crew help please!

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by chansigril, Aug 20, 2006.

1. chansigril

chansigril not an og, just a g OT Supporter

have a relative of paige's who is looking to swap a motor out of a 91 gsx into a 91 gs-t. well they're talons actually but he's basically looking to pull an awd turbo motor out of a car with body damage and drop it into a fwd turbo car with a blown motor. both have manual transmissions.

can somebody more familiar with the dsm platform answer the following:

1. will the fwd turbo trans bolt right up to the awd turbo motor? i seem to remember there being a difference in the flywheel/clutch but don't recall the details.

2. are the blocks the same, i.e. mounting points, ecu etc? i believe they are if memory serves but would like some verification :)

anything else need to be changed or modified? i'm assuming not, i think the 91 awd and 91 fwd turbo are nearly the same vehicle but would love any info anybody can provide that i can pass along. thanks folks!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  2. Scawt

Scawt New Member

Your going to need to switch flywheels but other than that you should be fine. Make sure the dowel lines up on the crank/flywheel. That's only other problem I found but I took a manual to a auto and it was a 90 to 91 thing.