DSM/4G63 Crew get in here!

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by eddygordouk, Jun 27, 2007.

1. eddygordouk

eddygordouk LOLerskates and ROFLcakes

Well recently my car (91 Talon TSI Manual) got broken into and the stereo stolen. Reason I mention this is it ran like a damn champ until that day. Got the window fixed and everything seemed fine until later on when it starting having a terrible idle (would drop low enough to make the car stall). Even when I drove it back home it felt like I had lost alot of power, like losing spark on a cylinder and whenever I'd shift, the needle would slip almost down to 100-0 rpms. I got it checked out today and the TPS and throttle body were pretty dirty so we cleaned them up. It now runs ok but the idle is still unsteady at times(6~700-900 after warmup when before it was a smooth 900). Any ideas? I tested boost and it feels like I have decent power now but perhapes not full. Im thinking maybe spark plugs coulda been hit? The door locks also stopped working after the break in [​IMG] [​IMG]

any help would be GREATLY appreaciated :hsd:

2. E-dub

E-dub New Member

IAC's on the throttlebody go bad on these cars but that would yield more of a surging problem As for the door locks, there is a body harness down where your stereo is, make sure it is plugged in all the way. That could have been jostled when they grabbed it.

3. project15

project15 New Member

It sounds like an electrical short somewhere. Maybe a ground wire got unplugged or a power wire is touching metal somewhere it shouldn't be.

4. eddygordouk

eddygordouk LOLerskates and ROFLcakes

thats what im thinking, imma have to do a full check around this weekend, its annoying the hell outta me :wtc: