Dsl connection question.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by a1nerd, Mar 4, 2005.

1. a1nerd

a1nerd Guest

I have dsl and for the past 1 week i have been having problems connectiing. Here is what happens, Every 5-20 mins my money lights turn off and as message popups saying link to isp failed and my modem reboots itself. I have checked for viruses and everything and i can't find anything. I have been getting dialers trying to access my computer every once in a while but my firewall always stopos them. Any suggestions?

2. R-Type

R-Type The Bydo Empire must die!

1. remove the spyware/trojan dialers..They are probably attempting to hijack your RAS/PPTP session as the same system API is used to dial analog modems. (a guess)
    2. make sure your modem has latest firmware if it is user servicable.
    3. make sure your telco link is good.
    4. call your provider, but make sure you clear out those trojans first. The guy at the other end won't want to hear it if he hears your machine's infected with something.

3. a1nerd

a1nerd Guest

What is a telco link can you go into detail on that. Whats the best free trojan detector?

4. R-Type

R-Type The Bydo Empire must die!

as in telephone company? :p. Try norton and spybot...I'm sure others will chime in with their recommendations, but those too are the first off the top of my head..

5. a1nerd

a1nerd Guest

I am doing a registery scan right now.

6. zabuni

zabuni New Member

Did you attach DSL filters to all the other phone lines?

7. a1nerd

a1nerd Guest

Yes. I called my dsl provider 5 times and they are no help there computers are always down when i call back and they keep saying call back later this has been going on for weeks. I keep doing scans for spyware and every once in a while i will find somesthing and i remove it but it doesnt make it better.

My firewall detects a dialer once in a while and i don't allow it to access the internet but that does nothing either, I even did a virus scan and i found nothing.

8. a1nerd

a1nerd Guest

Here are some program names that trigger off my firewallk might this be the problem. These programs arent detected on my trojan detection software not sure how to remove them and keep them from comming back.

rasautou.exe
    wimiprvse.exe