DS9 What You Leave Behind

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by flyguy, Oct 10, 2005.

1. flyguy

flyguy Guest

:bowdown:

That is the best series finale to any television series I have ever witnessed.

The final scene with Jake and Kira gazing out the window at the wormhole as the camera pans away from the station, one last time..

:wtc: :wtc: :wtc:

2. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

I dunno, I seriously think Enterprise' finale takes the cake. To boldy go where no man has gone before speech. :bowdown: Almost made me cry :hs:

3. flyguy

flyguy Guest

Fuck that, it basically made teh whole show seem as it was just a holoprogram. The Pegasus episode wasn't even that special. :o

The episode right before the final episode was good though.

4. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

Ya the finale wasn't the greatest, but the ending was i thought.

5. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

I agreed with you until I watched Farscape. The Peacekeeper Wars is the best series finale ever.

Crichton and Aeryn show D'Argo the stars through the window, then Crichton says "You see that? That's your playground." :bowdown: :bowdown:

6. flyguy

flyguy Guest

Never watched Farscape :wtc:

7. Joe_Cool

Rent it or borrow it and watch it. Start with season 1, watch all of them in order, then watch the miniseries.

Or I will ban you from this forum. :squint:

Not really. But if you don't, you're missing out on one of the best television series ever.

8. flyguy

flyguy Guest

How about download it. :x:

9. flyguy

flyguy Guest

I was watching the extra features which interviewed the cast and such and apparently they were afraid their might have been an eighth season. Avery Brooks was tired of the show and didn't even want to be there. That's so sad. It seemed as if they all had a good time. It was a great show.

Also, they never further elaborated upon the "Far Beyond the Stars" subplot. What was the whole point of Benny and the science fiction idea of DS9 and it just being in his mind?

Was that some false vision from the Pah-wraith or something?

10. Joe_Cool

I would have liked to see that resolved too. They revisited it more than once, so I figured it was going to be important.

11. Joe_Cool

Whatever works, as long as you see it.

If you download, be sure to have about 40 gigs free. TV shows take up lots of space.

12. flyguy

flyguy Guest

I have space in my bed :naughty:

13. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

:( did he go into detail as to why he didn't like being there?

14. flyguy

flyguy Guest

Nah, other people just mentioned that he was sick of being there, i think Alexander Siddig (bashir)

15. flyguy

flyguy Guest

Meh, humanity is already fucked as we know it, no point crying over it :hs:

16. Teh_Sponge

Teh_Sponge Hey, I got a sub now...

Except that the only people to learn from Q's judgement is Picard and whoever reads his report to Starfleet.

17. Teh_Sponge

Teh_Sponge Hey, I got a sub now...

:dunno:

Believe what you wish, but IMO DS9 didn't need an ending like that. TNG was about exploration, about seeking out new civilizations, and it was very fitting for Q to stand in judgement of humanity and tell them that they weren't fit to travel, they needed to fix things at home before they did that.

DS9 was about war, and the ramifications it brought. DS9 covered so many things like the few encounters Q had with Picard that they didn't need it for the ending. For example, when Worf disreguarded his mission and saved Jadzia. Or, when Sisko started to sympathize with Micheal Eddington once he found out they were real people, just like him. I could go on and on.

TNG only covered humanity issues once in a while. DS9 was about humanity, it's judgements of people and how easily those can prove wrong. It was about how people respond to war and how it changes people.

18. Ramataklan

Ramataklan Active Member

the end of tng was better than ds9, thats true, but it doesnt changes the fact, that ds9 got the better story and characters. picard, data and worf(also ds9) were awesome, geordi was ok and the whole rest about the fuckin crushers, the greek and the beast can go to hell.