DS9 is the shit.

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by themish, Aug 1, 2006.

1. themish

themish At least the sox won the series :'(

I must have been too young to appreciate it when it was actually aired, but I'm on season 6x20 and jesus christ, I love this show. Ties with TNG for awesome. Most epic interstellar war ever captured on television! Character development is through the roof, the actors get better and better through time (except cisco, whoever played him is not such a good actor)...for example, siddig's acting in season 1 was absolutely atrocious even for star trek's standards but he turns to gold about season 4 up. I know 7 seasons is a long fucking time but I dont want to run out of this shit! :wtc: Its got the violence, the politics, everything

2. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

*Sisko*!!!! and the actors name is Avery Brooks. unless you're talking about his son.

3. clever_username

clever_username Active Member

just wait til season 7. hands down the best season of any star trek series.

fuck, who am i kidding. any DS9 season > the rest of star trek.

4. themish

sisko, oops lol, agh i gotta start bting season 7

5. Ramataklan

Ramataklan Active Member

he is the emissary. still questions?

6. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

You're wrong. DS9 stomps all over TNG for awesomeness. And Avery Brooks kicks butt, especially when they make him into Hawk (bald/goatee/badassness). :bowdown:

Other than that, I agree.

7. basqueass

basqueass Guest

Its got NOTHING. Well, let me change that, it had the Emissary of the Prophets and Emissary of the Pah-Wraiths battle it out, only to have both of them die at the end. Great conclusion...:hsugh:

Too bad for you ratings disagree with just about everything you said here.

Both TNG and VOY had higher ratings than DS9 at its highest popularity. Due to the fact that it was the first Star Trek series without any direct input from (the by then deceased) Gene Roddenberry, it has not been such a large success as you claim it is. The only reason why VOY was more popular without the input of the great Roddenberry, is because of Jeri Ryan, the female Borg.

I don't see anything worthwhile about DS9 at all. It has nothing built into it that people can identify with at all. Well, maybe Jews, since they were slaughtered like the poor Bajorans. Other than that, it's pure nonsense.

It would have been better if DS9 focused more on the Occupation of Bajor starting from 2329 and onward. I would have loved to see the evolution of the Bajoran people from being a peaceful and philosophical race to a group of people who finally took up arms to fight the Cardassians.

I do have to admit this however. Gul Dukat is one hell of an character, probably the best of all DS9 characters. I love how he always tried to earn approval of others and tried to gain respect from Sisko and Kira, and everytime his opponents rejected, he reacted violently. Now that man had balls.

8. Joe_Cool

:ugh: It has everything: Great writing, a great story, great characters, great acting, a galactic scale war, and an ongoing story arc, so that the universe doesn't reset when the credits roll.

DS9 is by far the best star trek ever, and would be the best scifi ever, except for the fact that everybody else learned from it and more good shows are being made.

Too bad for you ratings don't mean quality.

:mb: :mb:

I didn't even read any of this past "TNG and Voyager had better ratings", to be honest, because you've just completely destroyed your credibility on the subject.

9. Joe_Cool

PS You're wrong. Garak is the best DS9 character.

10. CrimsonVonDoom

CrimsonVonDoom There Cannot be Two Skies OT Supporter

EXACTLY!

11. Teh_Sponge

Teh_Sponge Hey, I got a sub now...

:werd:

12. basqueass

basqueass Guest

"Behold Joe_Cool, supreme arbiter of credibility in this universe"

:mamoru: Should remind you of someone. You don't get to call the shots of who has credibility or not. Ratings do count when it comes to TV, sorry kiddo.

13. basqueass

basqueass Guest

And, if, you still don't get that quote...watch the episode "Waltz".

Should explain why Dukat makes a mockery out of Garak in terms of character performance and value. A worthless, exiled, miserable and lone tailor.

14. Joe_Cool

Ratings have never been an indicator of quality, grandpa. The fact that you think higher ratings = better quality show is proof that you have no credibility.

15. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

ratings don't equal quality. just look at those stupid american idols and the ratings they got. they were complete crap.

16. basqueass

basqueass Guest

I never really said that good ratings equal better quality shows. All I said was that good ratings equals more viewers, and more viewers means there is something interesting or good about the show, or else so many people wouldn't watch it.

17. basqueass

basqueass Guest

Complete crap to you. Besides, what gives you the power to decide it was "complete crap"? Obviously all those people watching it clearly disagree with you.

18. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

the power of choice says i can call it complete crap. which it is. and i as well as many others here disagree with you and your ratings bs about DS9. now go away nanc noob.

19. basqueass

basqueass Guest

All I have to say is that ratings have much more of a say than you. Therefore, you clearly lose.

20. Joe_Cool

Way to contradict yourself.

21. CrimsonVonDoom

CrimsonVonDoom There Cannot be Two Skies OT Supporter

Firefly had shitty ratings, and look how badass that was.

22. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

:rofl: i hope you don't truly believe what you're saying cause then that makes you a complete sheep to the networks.

23. themish

Ratings mean bullSHIT. Absolutely. Especially when it comes to sci-fi. Plus voyager sucks so much penis. Its almost insulting to its viewers. It was practically created because paramount wanted an episodic star trek to bring it back to its roots. Well they failed. There are so many plotholes its fucking disgusting.

Like at the end of an episode they excericise option A to get out of the predicament at hand after all the shit in the episode had happened...but they could have used option A at the beginning of the episode...while this is sometimes necessary for storytelling, ie suspending disbelief, if it happens too much...like every episode, it gets repetitive and it seems like the crew is fucking retarded.

Also, the crew looks like a bunch of idiots because theres just too much technology in the series. Everytime some system is needed, its down....because its available it has to be destroyed to further the plot. This is either bad universe or bad storytelling. Im going with storytelling. (IE when self destruct is down....bad fucking news). Picard and sisko would flip a damn bitch if ds9 or the enterprise had even half the systems failures of voyager.

Anyone that places voyager over ds9 needs to be shot.

24. WildWilly

WildWilly Woooooozy

Ds9 + Tng > *

25. themish