WEB Drupal Webform module.. way to exclude fieldsets from generated emails?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by White Stormy, Sep 23, 2008.

1. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

I'm using fieldsets to organize fields in a webform.. but not every field needs to be included in the email.. unfortunately, the fieldset titles are included even if nothing in the fieldset is.. and I can't do anything about it :(

So the email has like 20 lines of fieldset titles before the fields that I want included :(

Can you guys think of any solution other than to just use markup instead of fieldsets for the visual organization?

2. maxxpower

maxxpower OG Lauren Crew - Observer OT Supporter

webform to email is easy enough to code yourself really, no need to rely on a module.

3. White Stormy

well Webform stores everything in a database for me as well.. as has some cool analysis features, etc.. so if I need to look it up later for the person receiving the email, I can do it very quickly

4. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

:uh:

5. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

For a form like yours, I would probably custom code it using the API, that way you have full control over which content you want to send via e-mail. It'll be a good programming exercise for you and might even help you understand a deeper layer into Drupal anyway.

6. White Stormy

:coold: you know any good links other than the drupal.org form api page? for tutorials or other info?

7. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

There's a good section on Forms API in the Pro Drupal Development book. Didn't you buy that one? I was also actually in the middle of writing a tutorial that I completely forgot about.

Here's a quickstart guide that'll get you head first into Forms API. I don't generally agree with some of it's implementation, but I think the point of it was to give you a general idea. Check this out:

http://api.drupal.org/api/file/developer/topics/forms_api.html

8. White Stormy

:uh: I keep forgetting I have that. I read the first few chapters and then put it aside while I was waiting to receive some designs I'm going to turn into drupal themes.. started messing with some other stuff.. and completely forgot about it when I went back to trying drupal stuff :doh:

thanks

I don't usually use physical books, so I'm in the habit of just immediately asking for good links :o