WEB drupal + mediawiki

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Nakon, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Nakon

Nakon Guest

I'm trying to integrate the two applications to use the same userbase. I can think of two ways to do so.

1: MediaWiki extension that uses a hook on login to check against the drupal database. It'll see if the user is registered and what group they're in. If it's a valid user, mediawiki will check and see if it's been copied over to the local database. if true, it'll authenticate and log in, otherwise it will migrate the user details from drupal and automatically create an account. The only downside I can see from this method is if the user changes their name or other profile data in drupal, there won't be a way to update the mediawiki user.

or 2: Drupal module that tracks when a user updates their profile and automatically updates the mediawiki database. New user registrations will be disabled on the mediawiki installation and users will have to have an account on drupal before they can log in locally.

Any ideas or anything that I'm missing?

2. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Always good to have applications hook into the Drupal framework. Much more benefit offered being part of the framework.