GUN Drunks beat guns

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by [DWI], Oct 13, 2007.

1. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article336886.ece

By ALEX PEAKE
    Published: Today

[]bAN armed gang raided a pub and were battered by regulars throwing ashtrays, glasses and bottles of bubbly.[/b]
    Thirty drinkers waded in after five masked thugs tried to rob them at gunpoint and demanded cash from the tills.

And they kept up the onslaught until the would-be robbers fled – even though one of them fired a gun.

Landlord Dave Thompson, 49, said: “They’re all heroes and deserve an award.”

The gang burst into his boozer, the Beaufoy Bar in Battersea, South West London, expecting to grab cash and valuables.

But as they walked to the bar shouting the odds one drinker picked up a chair and smashed one over the head.

Others then joined in, battering the raiders with anything that came to hand.

One drinker, who did not want to be named, said yesterday: “They got what was coming to them.

People were picking up ashtrays, pint glasses, chairs and even champagne bottles and just throwing them straight at these idiots.”

Another regular said: “They went for the tills and they were hoping to get our wallets, watches and mobiles. They could have got away with tens of thousands of pounds worth of gear if we hadn’t stopped them.”

Dave added: “The gang tried to intimidate us, but the regulars said this was their place and they just weren’t having it.

“They’d come in the front door and left out of it as well – pretty quickly.

“Some people chased them down the road but I called them back because we knew by then that the police were on their way.”

The October 6 incident was captured on the bar’s CCTV. No one has yet been arrested. Investigating officer DS Gary Fryer said: “It’s a very unusual incident, and very serious.”

Good thing the UK made gun illegal so that things like this don't happen. On a related note I though there was UK ban on smoking in pubs in affect, so why did they have ask trays to throw?

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Impossible guns have been banned there for 10 years.

3. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I don't get why no one was shot :confused:

4. terrist

terrist Cowboy President > All other World Leaders

[QUOTE='[DWI]On a related note I though there was UK ban on smoking in pubs in affect, so why did they have ask trays to throw?[/QUOTE]

To defend their pub against robbers obviously:hsugh:

5. terrist

terrist Cowboy President > All other World Leaders

It was one of those damn collectors and their pre 1900 six shooters

6. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

everyone knows when you are drunk you don't just feel bulletproof you are bulletproof.

7. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

:werd: No way the criminals had guns, they must've been brandishing spoons in a threatening manner.

On a sidenote, I guess that bar is going to be giving out a lot of free drinks for the next few weeks.

8. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Well it is true that Brits know how to fight. One reason no one really even WANTS guns over there.
    They just fucking love to brawl. True story.

9. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

I wanna fucking see that CCTV video. They probably have multiple angles on the action outside with all their fucking cameras too.