SRS drunk and hurting

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Boosh Dag, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

I have no idea whats going on with me. I just moved to florida to go to school for a year about a month ago and life is really just not adding up. I did Australia for 6 months, could not have been any farther away from home and i had the time of my life. Now I'm in Florida and I have never been more depressed. I dont kno whats wrong with me, I cant talk to people, i cant meet people, and I'm going insane. I've neve missed home in my life but now all I want to do is be home and be around friends.

A problem I've noticed with myself is that I have always based my happiness around my relationships. I'm single and I can't meet a girl to save my life so that must have something to do with it...i dunno what im babbling about, im drunk off my ass and I have no one to talk to...im hurting bad...i dunno...help.

sorry, i dont know if that made any sense to anyone.

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

You're drunk and you can't meet people?? Um...how about going to a bar?

Oh yeah...and don't drive!

3. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

sounds like u need to talk to someone theres something more going on here i dont really know what to tell you u need to make freinds i understand ur having trouble but i mean i dont know is there any loose end in your past maybe u should go back home and find the truth

4. mahal.

mahal. mahal kita? OT Supporter

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (BlackBerry8300/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

You need to motivate yourself. Don't dwell on the fact that you're single. If you want to make friends, act on it. You're in school, so you're surrounded by lots of potential friends/girlfriends. Befriend someone. And don't drink by yourself.

5. ///M Pilot

///M Pilot New Member

Which school are you at?

I graduated from UCF a while ago. UF is easy to make friends at, and so is FSU. There's like 60K people at UF, almost 50K at UCF (though I found that it was a touch impersonal at UCF).

6. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

well not that im sober and can actually make sense lt me try again. I was out at a party when I got hamered and left because..i dont know why i left i just felt ind of acward. I'm down here going to Full Sail which has a ratio of about 5000:11 guys to girls. Everyone is waiting egarly for UCF to get back in session. I don't really know whats wrong with me, I've left everything behind a few times and have never had a problem like this. I'm thinking of going to see a psychologist for some to talk to. I dunno whats going on with me.

7. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

anybody else have any ideas?

8. Coottie

I have some questions:
    Do you have these uneasy feelings often?
    When/if you have them, do you drink to ease the feelings?
    Does alcohol work??
    If alcohol doesn't work, did it used to??

9. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

Latley I've been tryin to make an effort to approch women at bars and since I've started being more aggressive I find myself failing terribly with know what to say. When I just kind of mellowed out I did fine. I'm getting the feeling on uneasy a lot right now because I'm so fucking worried about not having anyone. A lot of it stems back to the last girl I was seeing, she really fucked me up and continues to try and keep me fucked up. I think that answers the first question.

When this girl and I first stopped talking i had to quit drinking for a while because i'd just become a huge mess. After a while I had fun gettin drunk and going out. As of right now, drinking isnt really making me less awkward because I end up getting hammered in about 20 minutes and my speach is so slurred I'm not really making any sense. That was the problem I had last night at the party, I got way to drunk way to fast so I just took off.

I think that answers the questions.

I feel like I know where my problems are coming from and I feel like this should be easy to beat because I've done so well in these situations in the past. I think I'm just in a depressed swing at the moment.

10. Coottie

Well you might be an alcoholic. Perhaps this pamphlet will help you determine if you are....if so, AA can help.
    http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org/en_is_aa_for_you.cfm?PageID=13

I used to feel a lot like you do and alcohol worked for many years until it stopped working. I kept on drinking long after it stopped working because I didn't think I was an alcoholic and I honestly didn't want to be one.

11. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

Well I'm definatly not an alcoholic. I'm not drinking today because i did last night. I can't remember the last time I had the feeling like "oh man! I need to drink right now!". not having a drink has never been a problem, just latley I've been getting way to drunk way to fast.

i appreciate the concern though. :hs:

12. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

yea i think a therapist is in order here possibly

13. Coottie

Well you're prolly not an alcoholic.

Just so you know tho, the things you are describing, your feelings and getting too drunk too fast are things that I experienced before I found out I was an alcoholic. I too thought I wasn't an alcoholic and that I could stop whenever I wanted to....but I never wanted to. I thought I never craved alcohol so how could I be an alcoholic....the problem with that was, I never gave myself a chance to crave it....when I wanted to drink, I drank and I could go long periods of time without it.

Anyways, just some info for you to consider. Please don't think we're recruiting or anything like that.....we aren't and never will. I just noticed some similarities in what you posted and how I used to feel and thought I'd bring these to your attention.

Anyways, I would also suggest some therapy might be helpful.

14. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

fuck florida. i lived there a few years myself and got the hell out. best thing u could ever do

15. ///M Pilot

///M Pilot New Member

i happen to like it here :)

16. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

update?

17. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

Well I'm feeling pretty much the same but I'm going to be going to see a tharapist starting next week to see how that goes. I was thinking about flying home for a weekend to get my head together but non of my friends are going to be home for next weekend so that out.

Went to a roller rink with my roommate and his friend last night. Talk about some random ass thing from back in the day. It made me feel really good to be out doing something totally random like that, but once we got back home and I was back in my room by myself I was back to square one.

I feel wierd talking about this stuff, I'm not one to talk about my depression and stuff like this with others...god knows how I'm going to feel sitting in a room with some random dude telling him all my problems.