MIL Drugs in military

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by CDQ109, Nov 11, 2008.

1. CDQ109

CDQ109 OT Supporter

The Navy recruiters gave their whole spiel about how drugs are no joke in the Navy (and they specifically mentioned weed) and made it sound like nobody does them and those that do end up w/ a dishonorable discharge. They said how they will do random drug tests and such.

Not that any of this worries me because I have never done (except for MJ maybe twice), and I have no desire to try, any drugs.

It just sounded a little unbelievable that people don't do any drugs during port calls or anything.

What are ya'll experiences w/ this?

2. The Weasel

The Weasel Lakers, Packers, Flyers, Backpacking, Halo Crew OT Supporter

A few people I knew (not from my unit) would do X on the weekends. Their unit would only test 10% of the company (200 personnel in the company), so the odds of them getting chosen and the odds that they would conduct the test during the weekend were low. My unit however would conduct tests with 50% of the company and there were a few times we got called in at 2am on a Saturday or Sunday morning. There were also a few times that 100% of the company would have to provided a sample. It really depends on your commander and how strict he/she will be.

3. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

if you pop positive on the test, they won't necessarily tell you right away either. NCIS or equivalent will start to monitor you. they want to bring down as many users as possible. that includes your buddies, suppliers, etc.. Not worth it. Instead of getting kicked out, you'll serve the remainder of your time, if not more, in a brig.

4. Julius

Julius Guest

my boy did coke, then deployed to iraq w/ extra duty and minus a paygrade.

he did a good job as a gunner and he has stayed away from coke since.

5. dont do drugs mmkay

6. GPkustoms

GPkustoms OT Supporter

failed drug test= suckfest for rest of contract

7. Mitsukillinsi

Mitsukillinsi Active Member

We had a girl pop for coke and she is still in minus 2 paygrades

8. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I imagine it is the same for other branches, but in the AF you have to pee in front of someone, while they watch.

I have been in for almost 7 years and I have been piss tested about 14 times.
    YMMV

9. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

:ugh::ugh:

In the army, at least in my unit. You piss hot, i'm making sure the old man takes your rank, pay, and extra duty.

Twice? You're getting kicked out.

They love to run to ASAP at that point. Gotta have that dough to support the habit.

10. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

My buddy is in the marines. When he got back from Iraq he smoked with us and when we asked if he would get in trouble, he said it would have been impossible for them to test him for the next month since he was on leave and didnt even have to report to base. Dude is less than 10% body fat and would exercise at least 5 days a week before he got into the marines, so one toak session would not be detectable.

The irony of it, I got caught by my parents that same day. :rofl:
    I left facebook up and my mom went through an IM conversation I had that morning.

At least I gave some relaxing fun to him during his time back in the states...after the shit he told me about his time on duty in Iraq, they deserve to smoke.

Not only that, but I am a firm believer that drugs like meth are supplied to special force teams. You're going to go with out food and sleep for three days anyway, may as well enjoy it a little and have a drug assist you.

11. WildBull

WildBull Guest

Marines here...

I've gotten piss tested every drill (reserves) since I got back from Iraq a year and a half ago. I guess they are trying to get as many of us out as they can from the post-deployment blues.

12. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl: You think we ossifers don't know this trick?

13. Blackfox

Blackfox Active Member

Used to be if you got popped for any drug you served some jail time and then got kicked out. Now? I've seen people piss hot multiple times and they just get rank taken away.

14. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Oh you'll get rank/pay taken away, extra duties, and jail time alright. They just want to to bust your junkie buddies as well. They'll watch you with an eagle eye, your every move, probably put a tail on you.

15. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

:rofl: fucking airforce. 5 yrs in the Marines, I got randomly tested every so often. 4 yrs in the chair guard, not once have I been tested. When going through Little Rock for school, they had a test for all hands, even closed down the gate out. I was living at a Hotel off base and drove through the gate as they closed it off. They made everyone turn around and go back to their units to piss.

What's up with the airforce and actually watching your dick? I remember a Chief coming in to our section asking for a dick watcher. Some kid tried to volunteer me, as I was busy falling asleep or something. Fucking boot, new guy in the shop, was picked for the task by the Chief.

16. Jyokker

Only NCOs can be meat gazers.

17. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

guess not in the guard.

18. Jyokker

Yeah, all of the special forces guys I know have horrible teeth. :eek3:

Just kidding, thats the dumbest thing I've read in a while.

19. Jyokker

Yeah the guard is weird.

20. CDQ109

CDQ109 OT Supporter

Damn. Sounds like they actually are pretty intense about keeping drugs out

21. optimuslime

optimuslime New Member

I've seen many dishonorable discharges for popping on a piss test (any drug). You're lucky if you get away with just being reduced in rank.

22. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Had an enlisted guy get commissioned and go to flight school, only to pop for steroids I think, get booted out. Can't be fucking around with any of that shit.

23. optimuslime

optimuslime New Member

If they catch you selling, you'll spend some time in the brig before getting thrown out completely.

24. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

i saw alot of people get kicked out of the navy from my ship...a few of them i knew well and had been doing shit for a while before popping...its not worth the risk in my opinion, can you really not control yourself for a little while and get out first before you do it again?

25. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

Every person I know that popped got kicked out (Navy). One guy that used to be on our ship actually got to stay in because he "swore" someone laced something of his, and got a decent civilian lawyer who won his case.

We have random tests at least once a week, and at least one command sweep a year. "random" isn't so random though, i've gotten tested only like 4 times in over 4 years that wasn't part of a command sweep, and three of those times were in the same week.

And there are drugs that they don't test for :) Unless they have suspicion you are using (like salvia) then they can request your sample to be tested for it, and you can still be punished under the UCMJ if caught.