SRS drug testing son's mom...help me out.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by duner1218, Jul 16, 2007.

1. duner1218

duner1218 New Member

don't know if this is the right forum but here's the situation. I share joint custody of my 2 year old son with his mom and things have been civil for the most part between us. Well for about the last month or so she's been kinda sketchy, calling me 5 hours after she is supposed to pick him up to say she is stuck on the other side of town and can i keep him over night again, asking for extra money besides my child support, saying that he needs new clothes because some of his got ruined in the washer. I didnt think too much of it until last thursday i went to a mutual friend of our BBQ and saw her doing lines of coke on the couch.:eek4: Needless to say i flipped the fuck out. She starts crying saying she's just been depressed lately and would never had done it except the fact that our son was spending the week at his grandmothers in Havasu. I try to give her the benefit of the doubt and just tell her i'm not gonna do anything but if i even hear about it again i'm calling the cops and going for full custody. Well it's now monday and she just hit me up saying he's outta diapers and asked if i had $20 or $40 i could bum her. I wanna have her drug tested but i don't know how long they can trace coke in someone's system...any help

Cliffnotes: caught son's mom doing coke 4 days ago, believe she is using on the regular now, how long can a drug test detect cocaine in a person?

2. Gyromite

Gyromite OT Supporter

I'm pretty sure coke can last 3 to 5 days depending on how much they do.

3. nickybol

nickybol New Member

Quoted from Wikipedia:

Depending on liver and kidney function, cocaine metabolites are detectable in urine. Benzoylecgonine can be detected in urine within four hours after cocaine intake and remains detectable in concentrations greater than 150 ng/ml typically for up to eight days after cocaine is used. Detection of accumulation of cocaine metabolites in hair is possible in regular users until the sections of hair grown during use are cut or fall out.

4. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Witnesses + Nanny Camera?

5. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Don't let her see the son anymore. If she is becoming a drug addict, that is not an environment you want your son to be in. Bring this information to court and get full custody.

6. duner1218

duner1218 New Member

would go the witness route but the majority of people there were all people she works with at her bar, i just know them cause i used to frequent the bar and used to stunt ride with the owner of the house. i'm in a losing situation if i try to get them to back my statement. i'm not sure how much she did as i'm not to savy when it come to that shit, plust i hit the plate outta her hand as soon as i saw what was going on. i think i'm gonna just call the courts and see what steps i need to take.

7. Daze

Daze Guest

for now on... if she needs money for diapers or clothes if I were you I would go and buy the diapers myself and then give them to her. Don't give her cash anymore... and maybe save your reciepts from those items incase the judge or whatever may need it... who knows.

Granted she could still trade formula and diapers for drugs but it will be a hella lot harder to do. And if she had any feeling in her; she'd feel bad for using her babys things to sell for drugs.

8. BCKane

BCKane KPS 99

I don't think there is any question, you grab your kid and inform the authorities. I would never let my kid be alone with a drug addict independent of how depressed she is. Go to a judge immediately and make her to go therapy and get clean. That is a horrible environment to have a kid in. I've seen is start as a recreational drug and turn into a lot more. Combine depression and weakness for drugs and you have a train wreck waiting to happen.

Grab your kid, take her in to the authorities and MAKE her get straight. This doesn't mean turning her in to the police, but you should deffinetly get it documented incase things get worse and you do have to go for full custody. Hell you could try and get the court to award you full custody until she gets clean.

9. Jack Horner

Jack Horner Guest

Good advice

10. unwed_transient

unwed_transient Internationally Known and Locally Detested

quoted for truth

11. BCKane

BCKane KPS 99

:love:

I hate your politics, buy your pretty kewl outside that. :wavey:

Opps, sorry, forgot i was in On Topic.

12. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

On Topic --> Asylum

Good luck with that. :hs:

13. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I can only support once more what has been said in the on-topic forum, don't wait, immediatly go for full custody and don't let her anywhere near the child, nor give her any money support in any kind of way, only give her rehab oppertunities. You do NOT want your child near a drug addict.