Drove an 04 350Z Track model....

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Ryno, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Ryno

Ryno Gun in hand

Overall I liked it... but wasn't as impressed as I thought I was gonna be. It had good power... good response. Traction control works well... I had the slip light flashin in first, second, and third:) The shifter is nice and short and the gears are easy to find. The car handles well and the brembo brakes are a very nice upgrade.

I guess the main disappointment was the power. I have a 95 prelude Si, and I was expecting the Z to blow my socks off compared to it... but it didn't. The lude runs stronger than I thought. The seats were comfortable but not as comfy as my lude. The way you sit in it, I couldn't see back to my rear real well. An ugly blind spot if ever on the track. The stock stereo system wasn't too impressive... since the track model doesnt come with the bose system.

Just thought I'd let you guys know... I had a fun time on the test drive:big grin:

2. AsianRage

AsianRage Know about Media Ventures?

3. Sportec17

Sportec17 New Member

This is isn't that surprising considering your coming from a honda. The 350z has a very linear powerband so you don't get that sudden burst of speed(or feel it atleast) when vtec kicks in. In reality though the Z would smoke your lude without much effort.

4. InfectedShadow

InfectedShadow New Member

Werd. Its hard to feel linear power but when you race aginst it youll see how they pull down low all the way to redline hard.

5. vr666

vr666 Guest

i haven't been to impressed with the times I've seen the 350's run at the track.

I have seen 3 or so of them run and I was beating or staying with most of them in my jetta. ( low 14's) although the owners may not have wanted to beat on them too much.

I dunno, but they are ugly anyway

6. dragenscorp

dragenscorp Guest

7. 01Mcoupe3.2

01Mcoupe3.2 OT Supporter

[​IMG]

= not ugly.

8. dragenscorp

dragenscorp Guest