Droid vs. HTC Pro 2 vs. Omnia II

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ldaggerl, Feb 8, 2010.

1. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

Out of the three which do you like the most, list a few pros and cons. I have the BB Storm 9350 and have had it for a while. Its....well it sucks. The touch screen is starting to give me problems and the lack of actually getting a stable OS has driven me to my last end. I want something that has all those cool apps and is faster. I'm not expecting huge jumps and leaps but considering this thing sucks I don't see it getting much worse. I like the 5.0MP camera with flash and the GPS the droid has but I really like the user interface of the other two.

2. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

no one?

3. dissonance

dissonance reset OT Supporter

I've had my HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) for almost 2 years now and never had any complaints/problems. I still haven't done any software updates since I bought it but can honestly say it performs the same as the day I got it.

The only down side is the battery life has never been very good. I'm not on it too much and the longest my battery has ever lasted was 2 days. That was with almost no use. There has been times were couldn't even last a full day (mostly internet activity). Oddly, it hasn't gotten any worse over the course of 2 years.

4. Colak

Colak OT Supporter

Well if you're still looking for responses...
    I just upgraded to a TP2 on Sprint from a TP1 and I really love the phone. I played around with a Droid and it's pretty good too. I can't pretend to know about the Omnia but I don't think you can go wrong with the TP2

5. clover

clover Lucky in life

I have a TP2 and my friend has a droid. The droid has a slightly higher resolution screen and is a bit thinner/lighter than TP2. Overall it is a lot nicer than TP2 (especially the weight difference). The TP2 has nicer keyboard though if that's important to you.

As for software, Android probably has a better OS but you can get custom roms for the TP2 that make it pretty good too.

6. dezymond

dezymond OT Supporter

I have the Droid, but before purchasing i compared it to the TP2.

I was coming off a Tilt from AT&T and love the Tilt, but found that the simplest of tasks would require too many steps. Android, does pretty much everything i did with my Tilt and faster, due to hardware of course. The android OS itself, i would never go to another OS. I really like the look and feel of the OS and the Droid itself. No regrets, jumping off the WinMo OS and I really liked WinMo too compared to some others.

7. Vermicious_K

Vermicious_K New Member

I like the Touch Pro 2 (mine is the Fuze since I have ATT)

I upgraded from WM 6.1 to WM 6.5 and like it even more. I got the package from xda devs.

For those of you that have it, question:

Do you know how to keep a picture from tiling when you set it as your home screen background?