driving styles...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by chansigril, Oct 2, 2003.

what configuration do you like most?

1. front wheel driver

0 vote(s)
  2. all wheel drive

7 vote(s)
  3. rear wheel drive

6 vote(s)
  4. mid engine, rear wheel drive

1 vote(s)
  1. chansigril

chansigril not an og, just a g OT Supporter

Sep 24, 2003
    couple of friends and i got into a debate about this a few days ago, figured i'd post up and see what ot'ers thought. this poll should be based on reality and all all other factors being equal for instance, assume the car has 400 crank hp, so you will have greater drivetrain loss for the awd platform, traction issues with the fwd, handling issues with the rwd and different weight distribution (not to mention safety concern) with the mid-rear. furthermore, assume the car is a daily driver.

curious where this one will go... and feel free to post *why* you like the chosen platform.
  2. Sprung

Sprung Guest

I picked all-wheel drive, one reason is b/c I never drove a all-wheel drive car w/ 400 hp. 2nd reason is: daily driver.
  3. Seeker

Seeker Brofessional OT Supporter

Oct 24, 2001
    I'd like awd, but with a natural rear bias before rear wheel slip is detected. Examples include the Nissan R32 and R34 Skyline GT-R(0% front, 100% rear) and the Lamborghini Gallardo(30% front, 70% rear).
  4. bing

bing Guest

awd,rwd would definately suck with 400hp and daily driver
  5. Chris87

Chris87 flatoutperformance.com

Dec 13, 2001
    I'd go with AWD

Main reason is since its winter here and slippery as fuck for 6months out of the year, AWD >*

And its fun, (esp when you combine winter tires) to blast past every SUV on the road and see the looks on their faces. :big grin:
  6. overcast

overcast Guest

rwd because i drift

7. dennisk

dennisk Guest

I picked RWD, cause I never drove AWD or a MR car before, so I can't comment...

I figure, in the snow you can always use snow tires and that'll help a lot.

RWD is just more fun to drive in my opinion... Eaiser to launch too..
  8. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

Sep 22, 2003
    i chose AWD because you can drift pretty easy if you know what you are doing... do it all the time in my WRX wagon.

in AWD you just have to accelerate into a turn, then let off the gas quickly and turn. this throws the weight to the front... then punch it and keep the wheel turned.

just remember not to correct by turning the wheel into the turn as you would with a RWD in oversteer. AWD goes where you point it. i did that once as i was sliding through a turn and the car just spun completely into the other direction. but, hey... it was my first time doing it and it was in a mall that is closed on Sundays. so, i had 4 lanes all to myself and a few football fields worth of parking lot to play in.

Oh, yeah... practice this a lot in a safe area before doing it much. once you get the hang of it it gets pretty easy, but it is definitely weird when you first start learning.