SRS Driveway Servitude question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Bigsnake, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Does anyone have any experience with this one?

I rent a place with a driveway servitude and a fairy owns the property behind us. He has been upset that my truck sticks over the line of the servitude about 5" when parked. Even made some comment about it being too heavy to use the driveway :ugh: it's a regular cab F-150 and a normal concrete driveway.

My landlord claims that's alright because it's past the space he needs to get into his driveway. He has a turn and my truck is past this turn when parked. Plus, the 5" is property owned by my landlord (She gave up 8' of property, he gave up 2' when the Servitude was formed 10 years ago.)

This weekend he left his car parked where we couldn't get out and went on a trip. Today he did the same and we talked to him. He claimed we couldn't have any vehicles in the driveway servitude at all, not even an inch.

He's doing this mainly because he hates my landlord (another story) and tries to get her on anything.

2. w00tpoint

w00tpoint New Member

What's the question? It sounds like the guy is just being a dick about it. If you are past the turn when parked, why is that even part of the easement?

Edit: Also, if the easement is on your landlord's property, he may not technically be allowed to park on the easement, only enter and exit. I think it depends on the language though.

3. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Question is basically, if I have my truck 5" over the line he claims is the edge of the servitude, is there anything he can do legally to me? Vehicle towed, etc.? Landlord claims is claiming no because it's not blocking his use of the easement. He claims yes, we can't be over that line at all when parked.

And if he continues to park his vehicle on his part of the easement, but where it blocks my use of the easement, is there anything that I'm able to do to stop this?

None of the ways we have parked our vehicles have caused him to not be able to get in and out of his driveway. The way he left his vehicle this weekend and the way he had his vehicle today completely left us from moving our vehicles.

4. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

And why the fuck was this moved from the asylum to on topic?

Edit: Nevermind, still, wtf

5. jizzmo

jizzmo New Member

Check your local laws. Why not just pull up 5 more inches? pics of driveway for a better assessment is needed.

6. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

The front of my truck is as far up as it can go, usually touching the post in front, which I only did because he complained when I first moved in. But, my truck being over the line 1", 10" or 30" will not affect him getting in and out of his driveway.

7. jizzmo

jizzmo New Member

Next time his car blocks your driveway, have it towed.

When he complains about the line stand up to him and tell him to STFU.

No cop or tow truck driver is going to tow your truck because you are 5 inches sticking out of a parking spot.

8. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

We were out there arguing with him. It didn't end until our landlord came out of the house and he just started yelling louder and ran into his house.

Every time we said, "It doesn't even affect you when drive down the drive."

He would say, "You're not getting it, I have a servitude with your landlords and nothing is suppose to be parked in the servitude."

We even said, "We didn't know anything about this other than your car was blocking us the entire weekend. That's something a 5 year old would do."

And he goes, "Well, maybe that's what's necessary to get my point across."

and I was like, "we live right there, we didn't know anything about it other than your car suddenly was parked there. You could have knocked. You could have left a note."

And he's like, "It's not my place to explain what your landlord should tell you. I don't play games like she does"

:hsugh:

9. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

If he blocks it again, have it towed. Tell him you did it to "get your point across".

10. Bacardi 151

Bacardi 151 New Member

He blocks you in again, have it towed.