drinking

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by [][][], May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [][][]

[][][] what makes you think i wont cut you

since i started lifting, every time i go out and get drunk, i've had the worst hangovers of my life the next day. so i started just casually drinking, and not getting wasted. does lifting have anything to do with this? i only drink like 1 night a week anyway, but everytime i drink to much, the worst day of my life follows. do chasers work, or should i try and drink a lot more water during the day before i go out to drink?

2. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

:rofl: This can be expected bro. Best thing i have found is to eat a big meal before you go to bed. If i go out to the bars or something i will stop at In n' Out and get 2 double doubles or something like that. I feel totaly fine the next morning. If i didn't and just went to bed with a stomach full of alcohol/water i would feel like shit.

3. [][][]

i usually do get something to eat after a night of drinking, this morning i got some mcd's breakfast at like 4 in the morning. but when i woke up later on in the morning, i didnt even want to move cuz it hurt my head so much. its like the hangovers are getting worse than the previous ones.

4. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

Eating McDonalds only would give me a hangover :barf:

5. brettD

brettD New Member

thats just beer muchies not hangover cures

as for the hangover itself a shot of jager in the morning clears it up not even joking.

6. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

:hsugh:

7. Letifo

Letifo Moderator

Umm, that's weird that you didn't get them before but get them now. Did you used to drink more frequently? That would be one reason. Another reason is if you're drinking more water and shit these days, your body isn't holding onto it as much probably.

8. 1.8t

1.8t Member

I am not sure but here is some food for the thought. I am a college student and usually reserve 2 nights a week for drinking(the weekends obviously). Out of the crew I run with, I am the only one that works out 5 days a week and has a build that anyone may double take at....meaning my friends workout, but they are just your average gym go'ers that could give a shit if they missed a week or three...they never show any change in size and are on every "word of mouth" supplement you can think of. Anyways, I, BY FAR, get the worst hangovers of anyone in the group. My friends can be SLOPPY drunk....drooling at the mouth, have to be carried in the house b/c they can't walk, don't remember a thing about the night before, etc...and they wake up the next morning with a hangover that lasts about an hr IF they are hungover at all. I go and get drunk off of beer, I am down the entire next day b/c I feel like complete shit. Doesn't matter how much water I drink. I will drink water until my stomach can't expand any more and I will wake up the next morning and still feel like shit. I won't have a headache, but damn, there is still something that is very off. My friends can't believe how bad I get hungover, they shit a brick when I was in the bed for a complete 30hrs from a night of drinking on spring break. I am 200lbs, b/f in the single digits, and my friends are about ~170lbs w/ b/f in the mid/low teens. They drink every bit as much as I do, sometimes even more. I don't know if its genetics or what, but these guys can be drooling drunk for a consecutive 5 days in a row while I am hoping to just breach the drunk threshold and not be hungover the next day.

9. robbinthehood

robbinthehood New Member

i thought hangovers were caused from the dehydration that occurs after a heavy night of drinking. when i get back from a night of drinking i just pound some water right before i go to sleep. usually about 2 bottles or so, and i feel fine the next day except for being tired from not getting as much sleep

10. uf20wop

uf20wop OT Supporter

:eek4:

are you fucking serious with that post

11. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Yeah, eat a lot, and don't attempt to come out of ketosis by getting drunk. :o

12. Neo95gt

Neo95gt Guest

my off days is the weekend so drinking doesnt effect me

13. Illini08

Illini08 New Member

I'm the same way. I down some water or gatorade before I go to sleep. Usually, I just wake up with a headache that goes away in about an hour.

14. [][][]

yea i used to drink more
    and i am drinking way more water than before

guess i'm just gonna have to kick the drinking for a bit, i dont mind it though.

15. brettD

brettD New Member

try and get a hang over everyday and get used to it, then quit drinking and youll have the best days of your life :420:

16. 1.8t

1.8t Member

Yes, it fucking blows:wtc: All I do now is just cop a good buz so the next day isn't a complete waste.

17. BlinginAssRims

BlinginAssRims Now I'm blaumped out

my dad taught me to take three aspirin before you go to sleep after a hard night of drinking...

18. Letifo

Letifo Moderator

those things have much more to do with it than working out IMO. So either ration your body more on water, try drinking more before you go to bed (i keep a gallon jug of water by my bed so i drink some everytime i wake up to piss or whatever during the night. I drink... about 6 days a week) and/or just drink more often. It's not really that unlike lifting, if you take a break from lifting for awhile and then go drink, you'll get sore, but after you lift for awhile regularly you don't get that sore, your body pretty much gets used to whatever you do to it, yours used to be used to drinking and it's not anymore.

Also, some people think what you drink has to do with it. For instance, jagerbombs or red bull vodka is going to affect you more than just jack and water.

19. Fattiefalldown

Fattiefalldown t(-.-t)

I used to be able to drink up a storm and the next day go to the gym aznd no hangover. Now that I'm getting pretty fit, the times I do drink I get nasty sick the next day. I think it has to do with lower bodyfat and hydration levels.

20. Piracy

Piracy New Member

i usually drink a couple bottles of water and pop some tylenol and i NORMALLY dont get hangovers. the only time i do is if i just get totally shitfaced, in which case i normally wake up half drunk and end up having a hangover for the next 12 hours :o

21. grampositivecocci

grampositivecocci New Member

I don't really drink to excess unless I'm celebrating something. A few cold beers though mmmm, nothing quite as good.

22. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

Roll Tide!!

23. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

eyes sit low

24. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

25. [][][]

score one for me
    went to the bars. only had 5 drinks the whole night, 10p.m.-2a.m.
    only spent 15 dollars
    saw kirk heinrich...though i dont really care about that, but everyone at the bars seemed to.
    hopefully no hangover from only 5 beers, and drinking water now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.