SRS drinking problem

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by dude19, Apr 21, 2006.

1. dude19

dude19 Member

This whole semester I keep getting way tooo wasted, I only drink like once or twice a week but when I do i always get too wasted. Before I go out im always like Im not goin to drink alot im goin to just have a good time. Ive been a train wreck every time I drink and havent remembered a single night i drank. I always try to have someone pace me but once I get drunk I keep drinking and dont stop.

Is there anything to help me out, I dont wanna quit partying all together i just wanna get myself under control.

any suggestions??

2. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

3-4 drinks max, or stop drinking altogether.

3. beautiful disaster

beautiful disaster OT Supporter

don't put yourself in those kinds of situations until you feel you can go out without gettin hammered. or offer to be the DD and make sure everyone else makes sure you don't drink

4. Two toys

Two toys New Member

hang out with responsible friends?

5. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Go to an AA meeting. Don't be afraid, don't whine, just do it. You're likely to meet people your own age who can relate to what you are going through, regardless of what you may have heard already. There's a link in the sticky, if you need more help, ask. There's also contact information in another sticky for several addicts/alcoholics, use it, we've been where you've been.

6. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

It sounds like you've already tried to "get yourself under control," and it isn't working, maybe it's time to try something new? If you can't drink moderately, quit drinking, go to meetings, move on, grow up, and deal with the cards you've been dealt.

I did, plenty people before me did, and now my life is great. If you cannot drink responsibily, acceptance is the only thing that will set you free.

7. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

I read your post, opened the AA Big Book, and just "happened" to read page 354.

I'm still amazed that every time I look for help or guidance, the phone rings or something happens that answers my problem. Ever since I became more tuned in to my higher power, it has happened so often that I can't belive that it's just a coincidence.

The Big Book online is here. http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org/bigbookonline/en_tableofcnt.cfm

The chapter I refered to is:http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org/bigbookonline/en_theystoppedintime9.pdf

8. Glutch Rawhide

Glutch Rawhide New Member

First of all you are smart enough to realize that this is a problem. A lot of people have the same problem. When under an influence the emotional side of the brain will take over the Intellectual side. That is why you have trouble stopping when you should. I myself had the same problem. It doesn't matter if it was once a week or every night of the week I just didn't know when to stop. And the only way I found how to cure the problem was not to take the first drink.

As far as I know there is no way of controlling it because there is always that just one more drink and one more after that until you can't remember. The thing to realize is that you can still have a lot of fun without having to get wasted. And you will have better luck with sexual partners being sober than by being wasted.

Maybe you can learn to control your partying ways because you are still young, but if you can't maybe you will be lucky enough to realize that you have a problem and do something about it before it causes major problems in your life

9. uofapeter

uofapeter New Member

drink a ton of water before you go out to fill yourself up, or try drinking water between brews. other than that you're just going to have to be responsible, asking for help is a good start cause you're realizing you can't stop. I also have the problem where I only drink to get plastered, eventually it got me a felony, 6 months in jail and 30,000 dollars in court payments and restitution. Quit while your ahead dude, eventually if you get wasted you will do something you really regret