Dreamweaver and FTP question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Little Spunky $#!T, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Little Spunky $#!T

Little Spunky $#!T :cool:

First of all, in dreamweaver 4 it won't let me space over after my text. It will let me do one space and thats it. And my TAB will not tab over either.

Second, I'm using SmartFTP as my FTP program. It won't connect for some reason. It tells me that its connecting, than it tells me its connected, than it says Connection timeout. No response from server. Cannot login waiting to retry...

Thanks in advance.

2. RaginBajin

RaginBajin Have you punched a donkey today?

Have you tried a different FTP program? I thought Dreamweaver had a built in FTP program in it..

If you want to use an external ftp program, try cuteftp or BulletFTP. Both of them are very good.

3. Little Spunky $#!T

Little Spunky $#!T :cool:

I don't know how to get to it if there is one. I will try a different FTP program and see if that works.

Thanks

4. Kabuko

Kabuko Guest

In HTML if you have multiple spaces they are viewed as a single space. Don't space over. If you want to line things up, use tables.

5. dawg

dawg Guest

If you really want to create spaces, type &nbsp: for the amount of spaces, or hold ctrl shift space for each space... ( it could be just shift space .. it's been awhile)

Keep in mind however that this creates extraneous code and looks sloppy.

as some-on else stated try tables, or even layers.

FTP ... try changing from active to passive or vice versa.

6. JazzHound

JazzHound Guest

This is usually the case and of coarse make sure the server itself is up and running.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/ts/documents/dw_ftp.htm

That's instructions on how to setup dreamweaver's bundled FTP software. It's using the MX version of DW, but should be quite similar to their past releases.