SRS Dreams, what do they really mean?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Death By Sexy, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Death By Sexy

Death By Sexy New Member

so I'm on a new drug Mirtazapine, (remeron).

It slightly helps with the depression.

The dreams that I have when I take this shit are incredible. I can recall them in much detail. You know those dreams you have every few months where you wake up the next morning longing for something, cant quite put your finger on it, but really think hard about what they meant only to come to no conclusion? yeah I experience those every night.

Last night I had a dream. I would appreciate your interpretations...

I was watching the news late at night, the reporter told us of an asteroid that was heading towards earth. next thing I know I'm in Miami waiting for it to hit, along with people I knew (in my dream, these people dont exist in my life). It was expected to hit land, instead it hit the middle of the atlantic. As I watched the live feed on tv a sudden panic/fear came over me like I'd never experienced (i woke up with the same feeling the next day). I watched as the rock hit the water, the thing was huge, a third the size of africa. as the tsunami formed I desperatly grabbed all belongings and moved them as far up as I could. I ended up on the 17'th floor of a hotel along with hundreds of more people, when I looked out my window it looked like venice. mostly scientists and hunters. The tsunami was so tall it missed us by meters. so much energy that it continued wreaking havoc around the earth dozens of times, each time getting smaller and smaller. as the waves grew smaller people started heading down, floor by floor. I dont really remember much after this, except that I desperatly searched for a gun, everyone asked why, i couldnt give an answer. eventually I found the mayor, he was reluctant to give me a gun so I searched his room while hewas out. this bearded dude who appeared out of nowhere, but was suddenly my best friend ever was very enthusiastic about stealing mr. mayors guns. so we did. The next wave came around. Bearded friend went up to top story of a building and somehow survived the next blast...

this has gone on too long and there are many more details

but, long story short we ended up putting guns in our mouthes, and then I woke up.

2. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Take this with a grain of salt...

In my dreams, when I awaken within them, they can be very hellish and reactionary. I would react to hellish situations as I normally would, and it's scary. I remember one dream where my best friend used a Tachi to cut off one of my German Sheppard's legs.

It's not very nice.

That new drug is deffinitly effecting your brain in different areas, activating certain areas that were previously dormant.

Be very careful and self observe for strange behavior, more strange dreams, thoughts, etc.

I've taken various supplements that did similar things. I was just fine in the end, and I even shared a similar dream about Venice, which is very interesting.

3. no lol today

no lol today Soy la bailarina de la muerta. OT Supporter

Excellent dream recall can also indicate poor/irregular sleep patterns. Suggests you're somewhat lucid or waking directly from REM. If it happens regularly you should tell your doc so they can map medical changes as well as mood changes.

My really intense, lucid dreams diminished after the 2nd time I tried SSRIs. :( I'm jealous. Hehe. I used to read a lot of books & when I did I'd come out with dreams that would manipulate the plot of the book & make it come to life. It was awesome. After I became fairly decent at writing essays and stories in school the story lines of my random dreams started to be presented with really cohesive plots.

If I were you I'd take advantage of intense, lucid dreams while they're around because they might not always come so easy. :)

4. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

You can have superior dream experiances with vigorous practice and no drugs at all.

5. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Unfortunately, dreams don't mean anything except the meaning you're giving them.

6. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Thats not true, atleat not for everyone.

If you have some lucidity and good recall, dreams can often uncover your subconcious feelings towards another person, your deepest fears and desires, or give you epiphanies about your relationships etc. I've even gotten a better understanding of the subject area I was studying in my dreams. Suddenly it just clicked, and I woke up understanding something I coudln't understand before. I've even come up with ideas for inventions in my dreams.

7. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

That's what you think but experts in the domain of sleep and psychologists think otherwise. The only use they have is that when you interpret them (ie: when you look back at them) it can be something vague on which you can project stuff. Dreams alone don't mean anything.

8. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

I don't really understand your post. Nothing means anything to anyone untill they interpret it to see how it relates to them.

"Experts" in dreaming eh? I know my therapist was always interested in any vivid dream I cared to mention that related to interpersonal issues. I donno where you get your info but my post was based on my own experiences with my dreams and how they helped me uncover feelings I was not aware of or come up with solutions to problems I thought about but was not able to solve while awake.

Look up the book "Sleep Thinking", I forget teh author.

9. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

I'm a psychologye PhD student which got his info from a professor which specializes in the neuropsychology of sleep. She talked about it during some classes. I also had a quick stint in clinical psychology and the psychologists who believed it can be useful (it's not a lot) said that it's not the dream that matters but the person's interpretation of their dream.

10. Zeff

Zeff OT Supporter

any info on recurring dreams? I have two different ones that I'll remember maybe two/three times a year since as far back as I can remember.