SRS dreams of my ex....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Bugalu, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

Shit like this pisses me off.

I havent dated this girl for a year and a half, been with 5+ girls singe then and even had a relationship for 4 months and once a week or so I have a dream of me getting back with this damn girl.

Thing is I broke up with her cause of how boring she was.

just venting, no need for response.

2. Redbeard

Redbeard OT Supporter

Maybe it wasnt because she was boring. Maybe it was something else and thats why you cant get over her.

3. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

Maybe it was just a dream which is just a bunch of random nonsensical nonmeaningful nonsense

4. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

I get these extremely vivid dreams every nite now. Its the dreams where you can feel your real emotions about every subject because your concious filter isn't on. I get an epiphany every single morning. I'm like "oh, so thats what I really want" or "wow, I really hate this person"

5. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

:eek3:

meh.. its stupid how it still bothers me. fuckin 24 and cant get a damn ex out of my dreams.

and yea these wer very vivid dreams. much more so then i normaly have,

6. TheGetUpkid

TheGetUpkid New Member

This still happens to me from time to time. Whats really freaky is that one night I had a dream about my ex she ended up calling me the next day saying that she had a dream me the same night.....

7. Ridonkulous1

Ridonkulous1 New Member

The last two dreams I had were these epic dreams about me getting into Williams and Colgate, the only two schools that rejected me. I tend to dream about what I can't have and what I don't really want more than what I actually care about.

8. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

:noes:

9. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Sounds to me like there's something about her that you haven't found in anyone else yet. Maybe she doted on you, or thought everything you said was interesting, or something like that.

Of course, good sex is far more important.

10. deusexaethera

My grandfather would say you have no reason to complain until you've been married for 50 years and still think about your first girlfriend from time to time. He told me to that, once. Unfortunately he's dead now.

11. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I really feel like dreams are basically what you want to happen. What was it like being with her again? Was she more interesting and fun this time? If so that makes sense. :dunno: If not, perhaps you've been having way too much fun lately and need something balanced and comfortable in your life again.

12. deusexaethera

What about the dude who dreams about getting raped and murdered? Does he really want to star in a snuff film? Somehow I doubt it.

13. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

wait....why'd you break up with here again? oh yeah...she was boring. :ugh:

So why can't you get over her? Oh yeah...she might have been "the one". :ugh:

14. Redbeard

Redbeard OT Supporter

^^^^^^

I think its a little of both.

15. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

it doesn't have to be literal, but what's the experience like and what's the end result? perhaps he does in some way want that. punished and killed for something he's guilty about? or just taken advantage of or dominated? it doesn't mean he wants to be killed, but if it were to happen, he'd be "free". or that he just wants to disappear for awhile.

sometimes they can mean nothing, or it's just something that you thought about/experienced during the day.

i just don't believe (anymore) that there's some vague meaning to dreams, such as if someone close to you dies that's supposed to mean that you feel anxious about them?

this is from looking back on my dreams and realizing that yes, in a way i wanted many of those things to happen. some were also just ideas/fears stuck in my head or nothing.

we just like to overcomplicate things that we feel we have no control over. but in reality we do control our dreams. in that state between deep sleep and lucid dreaming, you're not exactly making a conscious decision to see what you see in your dreams, but you're lucid enough to know that it's what you want to be happening in it.

16. deusexaethera

Are you missing the part where there must have been something memorable about her? She was boring, yeah. But if she were boring and otherwise totally unremarkable, he never would have gone out with her in the first place.

So what's special about her?