Dreamgirls

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Guz200sx, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

This is my first review of a movie here but I think Dreamgirls needed that shout-out...

I don't think Dreamgirls is a movie that a lot of people on OT will go see but it is a really good movie. Many of the songs throughout the movie are driven by emotion and soul.

Jennifer Hudson who plays Effie White really stole the movie in my eyes.

In one particular scene where all the main performers take part in was very intense, Jennifer Hudson shines the most and performs an emotion driven song that lasts well over 5mins. It was literally her break out scene.
    She separated herself from everyone else and showed she has what it takes to be a top notch superstar in Hollywood. :bowdown:

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I'm seeing it tonight with my bf for my birthday! So excited! I'm a singer, so I'm really only pumped for the powerful songs.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Kind of dissapointed. WHile Jennifer HUdson and her singing were unbelievable....it just wasn't that amazing. Chicago was better...

4. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

it wasn't as good as it was hyped to be

I can't believe Jennifer Hudson is nominated for best supporting actress and Beyonce got nominated for best actress, i think it should be switched. Hudson did a phenomenal job and she over-rode Beyonce 100%

I think it was too much singingl; when they should have been talking...just weird. some funny points in the movie I think :mamoru:

I must say..I don't like Beyonce as a performer, but she looked really pretty and toned down in this movie; it was very appealing and it wouldn't hurt her career if she transferred some of those characteristics from Deena Jones to her life :o