MMA Dreamchasers: Muay Thai

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Bausk, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Bausk

Bausk New Member

2. Mega-JC: Da Return

Mega-JC: Da Return Tiger Knee!

3. Epik High

Epik High OT Supporter

nice, thanks.

4. CrazyInteg

CrazyInteg Honda-Acura.net OG

watching :bigthumb:

finished part 1....he looks pretty good. He should do good in his weight class with a guy that's younger than him.

This guy is just like one of those Japanese Anime guys. He even works at a Thai restaurant :rofl:

5. m2e

m2e OT Supporter

damn the guy he fights is only 15? :o

6. xinster

xinster New Member

looks boring

7. CrazyInteg

only boring if you dont like kickboxing / muay thai. Just skip to the fight if you think it's going to be boring.

And :rofl: at 5 days of training. I thought he was actually going to train. You know, to learn the Thai way. What do you think pepsi, 3 months of training and he could have beat that kid?

8. m2e

m2e OT Supporter

hes actually been training for a long time, he just did a week of training to get a quick feel for their way of fighting, but in reality he was at no disadvantage

9. CrazyInteg

Until pepsi makes a comment, my opinion is that he was at a disadvantage. The Thai fighters are at an advantage because the coaches are so experienced. Everything/everybody is just more experienced over there. I mean the guy didn't look bad at all, but he could have learned alot more if he would have trained for a few weeks.

It didnt help the kid had like 40 fights already :mamoru:

10. m2e

m2e OT Supporter

55+ :o

11. Mega-JC: Da Return

Mega-JC: Da Return Tiger Knee!

wow I couldn't believe that kid was only 15

12. pepsi

pepsi Cut my life into pieces

well the guy flew 30 hours, he'd be jet lagged, Andy himself said the guy didn't show much effort at training. and you can see it from the video. then there's the fact that he's training in the same gym as his opponent. he's doing a show at the gym and he's going to be there for 5days, they are not gonna respect him, consider him a tourist boxer, which he is. nor put 100 percent effort in helping him. give me time and i'll find out more about his time at the gym, someone will tell me, if i'm wrong about him so be it. but anyways in 5 days, he's not going to assimilate the thai style of fighting, even though he's trained in muay thai. from the way it looks, it looks like his own gym trains with preset drills, like it was karate or something. that's not gonna do much for the fight, cause it won't help his reaction time as much if he was free sparring like the thai's do.then there's the heat, the heat will just take alot out of you and again, 5 days just doesn't cut it to get used to it., SO yeah Crazyinteg, 3 months and he'll have a better chance of beating the kid. he won't be jet lagged, he'll be used to the heat. he know what to expect and how to defend against those techniques better, like the leg catch/foot sweep. react faster if he spars more. more running and faster, not that trot they showed him doing. as for anything else, he seemed like a huge nerd. so innocent and naive, quoting some guide book he bought about all things thailand, he put himself down and and a losing attitude the whole time. saying the experience was all he wanted. shit, he didn't need to have a tv show justto say he fought in thailand, is he that broke that he suckered a tv network to pay for it. i'd hardly call that an experience. I bet he cheated on his girlfriend over there too. fuck i'm just going back an forth about this. one big disadvantage when fighting in thailand was the decision, he gave a non biased answer for why he lost, he lost cause he was no match for the kid, another reason he lost is cause he's a farang. the thai's will win the majority of decisions, you want the win, knock the thai out, then there's no bullshit about why you lost, whether it was kicks or knees or whatever. one of the main reasons for this biased in thai judging is the gambling, the gamblers can decide the fight, i've seen it happen myself. well, i'm sure there's more. but i got to get to bed.early morning.

cliffs, he was at a disadvantage and he's a huge nerd who prolly dresses up as darth vader.

13. CrazyInteg

:rofl: at guidebook. Sometimes I felt like I was watching National Geographic. But the info he was giving out was accurate.

So the guy is 31 years old, works at a restaurant, and works at the gym. I'm guessing he is pretty poor.

But the guy was just so non-aggressive. His coach kept yelling "attack first" but he just stood there and waited for it. C'mon man. Get some fire in your eyes. ATTACK! Blitzkrieg!!

14. Dizzy89

Dizzy89 Save a tree, eat a beaver

Thanks

15. pepsi

well, from what i found, no one really knows about the guy, cause the show is 5 years old. The Thai guy is 20 years old now and still training and teaching at the gym. but they all believe that JR went easy on the guy.

16. pepsi

Nat McIntyre
    2004 WKA USA Amateur Eastern Regional Lightweight Muay Thai (-60 kg) Title

[​IMG]

17. m2e

m2e OT Supporter

whats it matter if hes poor? :dunno:

18. CrazyInteg

Nothing. Somebody just mentioned he probably is poor.

Well you can see after the first two rounds the Thai kid is laughing in the corner. I dont think he's laughing at the guy, but just laughing because he is having fun fighting a farang, and all the attention (cameras/crowd/etc). Definately taking it easy on him. But the last round or two, he stepped it up.