Dream Theater Concert: Score

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by thejiSh, Nov 11, 2006.

1. thejiSh

thejiSh New Member

I am left speechless.

After purchasing this DVD and putting in my computer, me and my buddies sat down to watch this music masterpiece. With an awesome set of 5.1 speakers here, some widescreen LCD goodness and a few bottles of booze, we ventured into the realm...

And HOLY FUCK. The concert starts out with a heavy hitting song, The Root of All Evil. Immediately you are drawn into this heavy metal atomosphere full of the most perfectly timed and exectuted vocals and instrumentals you can imagine.

Soon viewers are taken back to the beginning of Dream Theater's career with a song from their demo album, Majesty. The journey continues with songs from each of the band's studio albums, including an unreleased MASTERPIECE named Raise the Knife, which was recorded for the album Falling Into Infinity but didn't make the cut.

We are then taken to the heart-shattering The Spirit Carries On. And you know what, it's all in preparation.

Back in 2002 the band released an album named Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, a two disc album of which the second disc contained a single 42 minute song.

Well, that song is played here, with an ORCHESTRA. It begins with the overture and proceeds through the entirety of this saddening song about mental issues and humanity's treatment of afflicted people.

I should mention the sheer effort every member of the band put into this show, it's a display of endless talent that should always be remembered in the name of progressive metal.

After Six Degrees, the band performs Vacant and The Answer Lies Within, and then proceeds to Sacrificed Sons. In this song, you'll see Jordan playing two keyboards at once, including the ever so elusive Continuum Fingerboard.

The finale is composed of the mighty Octavarium and Metropolis, although we stopped the DVD here because we had to turn the volume low (late night, in apartment building). Deciding we're not going to watch it "quietly" we put it off till tomorrow night, so I'm gonna post and let everyone know how those two songs, being the finale and all, turn out.

Anyways this has been the single best concert I have witnessed, be it live or on DVD, and if you like any sort of metal and especially Dream Theater you owe it to yourself to check this out.

2. Zeromancer

Zeromancer Pampita's Love Slave

I love Dream Theater.
    I'll have to go pick that dvd up.

I recently went to see The Transiberian Orchestra - and holy crap I've never liked christmas music but they freaking rock out and put on one of the best shows I have ever seen. Full of lasers, smoke machines, strobes, fireworks exploding on stage, and colored flames balls that shot up into the air :bowdown:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  3. Dysfnctnl85

Dysfnctnl85 IT/Apple/Rotary/(D)SLR Crew

I'll be picking this up for sure.

I missed my opportunity to see the Transiberian Orchestra but they kick ass...I would have loved to see them in concert!

4. Zeromancer

Zeromancer Pampita's Love Slave

Try and catch them next time. I didn't know how kick ass it was going to be.

5. #ali#

#ali# New Member

the dvd is scoring number one selling dvd in jordan
    and I'm the only idiot who didn't buy it yet
    and this post made me feel even more stupid .. lol
    ill get as soon as possible
    but i won't be able to watch in sound system 5.1
    and a wide screen .. just my stupid pc 2.1 system with
    a stupid screen size .. lol :big grin: