MMA Dream.4 from YOKOHAMA Arena

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by roose, Jun 14, 2008.

1. roose

roose Guest

Yeah so here I am in Japan, specifically at a 10 storey internet cafe in Shibuya. :wavey:

It is Saturday night just before 9pm. The Dream.4 show is tomorrow at 5pm. I will be making my way to the Yokohama Arena tomorrow afternoon and attempt to get tickets. From what I have heard they are easy to get the day of, however this may turn into a massive failthread. :hsd:

Regardless I am pumped about the event. It will be my first time attending professional MMA live, and it is the most epic mma show to boot.

Oh yeah, I came to Japan thinking that this was happening at the Saitama Super Arena so I went up there today looking to check out the pregame. No dice. Thanks mmaweekly and mmajunkie you incorrect assholes.:fawk: Serves me right for knowing virtually no Japanese.

Pictures will follow, most likely at the end of my trip.

2. HandgunFantasy

HandgunFantasy My purity you stole.

good luck man.

have fun

3. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Damn that would be an awesome trip. We had planned to do it with a friend of mine and his Japanese GF but he broke up with her the idiot.

4. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

cool story hansel, i was hoping u were dead by the earthquake.

5. Phill A. Peno

Phill A. Peno It's Filipino, stupid. OTTC, Cycling Crew, WRX Cr OT Supporter

enjoy it, I'm jealous.

6. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

7. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah awesome id like to go to one

8. Trueno

Trueno Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

I just got a text from my boy Darren that he's fighting!

So dope.

9. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

he's a cool guy

10. Trueno

too bad i dont have hdnet. do you have to pay for that?

11. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

It's standard on DirecTV.

12. Trueno

im on comcast

13. roose

roose Guest

Success!

I got a great seat, row 8 up from the floor, straight up from the corner with the robot camera on it.

The production is even more amazing in real life. The main stage was so cool, i:ve got about 50 pictures of it. The montage that was played before the event was hilarious even though I couldnt understand most of it. All the fighter introductions seems to emphasize humour rather than `i:m going to break his face hes not very good` rhetoric.

Good fights.

Trueno, your buddy darren was in the fight of the night hands down.

Kid, Kawajiri, Mach, Ishida and Uno were all there. I was sitting right in line with the judges table and got to watch the crazy lady announcer do her thing.

Aoki got the best reception, better than Sakuraba. The montage they showed for him was all about him crying. They were showing pictures of when he was little and crying. After he won he jumped in the stands and found his dad which was pretty cool.

The crowd is so silent during most fights, with the occasional catcall. One guy sitting in the bleachers behind me was the class clown, he had the entire arena laughing at will. Mahyem got the most cheers during the fights. I think the japanese just love to say Mayhem. Jacare is a boring fighter. Jiujitsu lay and pray.

After the fights I was pretty close to the walkway where the blue corner fighters were leaving the whole night. I walked over and saw Mach and Ishida leave. Kid was walking up with his kid and saw me (only white guy) and pointed at me and gave me the devil horns. I got a rad picture of it, i don:t have a usb cable so you guys have to wait.

Overeem walked by as well, dude is massive. Uno did as well as the announcer lady.

After the show I went to the bathroom and then to the nearest exit. There was about 15 guys in suits standing by the door which is somewhat typical for japan. I walked through and was all of a sudden in the Dream Special After Party. VIP event and nobody even tried to stop me. Despite there being a massive open bar, there didn:t seem to be any fighters in there and every one was smoking so i took off pretty quick.

I made my way out of the arena and decided to do a lap of the building. At the back of the building right next to the TV trucks was Sakuraba, with his arm in a sling hanging out with 3 other people. He was still in his fight shorts and bare feet and was having a cigarette. There was nobody around so I approached them and asked for a picture. He understandably said no, as he just got his ass kickeed again.

Awesome awesome event, well worth the money and effort. If anyone is interested in going to an event in japan in the future let me know and ill give you some good tips.

tl;dr gotta catch the train to hiroshima

14. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

Nice, man. Sounds like a blast, and this was a great event to see live.

15. Trueno

First of all, Im jealous :(

and yeah that was a good fight. Its just too bad he didn't take his time to think a bit.

16. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

17. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

damn, saku was smoking after the fight? :rofl: did he look at you mean when you asked for a pic?

18. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

:bowdown::bowdown:cool shit i was looking for you during the event but they didnt show you :hsd: Was a pretty good event overall. Any idea what the 20 minute delay when the event started?

19. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

wat

20. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

Man I'm jealous, lol Saku smoking and not wanting pictures. I bet his life felt like shit at that moment. I don't see how he was going to stop a raging black man without a gun.

[​IMG]

21. roose

roose Guest

He looked at me like he just suffered more brain trauma and his teammate was like no picatoor.

22. roose

roose Guest

They had a really sweet montage they played in the arena. I dont know if it would have been shown on HDNET as it was pretty japanese heavy.

DREAM is 0 years old. Born in 2008

They started from the youngest guy in the GP (gaelsic) and showed pictures of when he was young, and had some interview footage.

Then mousai, mayhem, etc etc with saku last. It was :bowdown::bowdown: such a good montage.

I think I was right below the cameras. If you:re standing in the ring looking towards the big stage I would have been at about 330, 8 rows up.

23. roose

roose Guest

He is a boring MMA fighter.

Top grappler no doubt, but boring as fuck.

24. roose

roose Guest

He looked pretty happy all things considered. He was really enjoying the cigarette. I think his left arm or collerbone was broken.

25. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

I bet, he just fucking went to war and lost. I hope you had a good time, Japan is one country I must visit. I am looking forward to the pictures. Meet any kawaii girls?