A&P drawings, need criticism/advice

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Kracin, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Kracin

Kracin Guest

i was browsing through here, just found this forum and thought it would be a nice place to show a couple of things ive done. i really want to do more when i have the time, and want to do another portrait using oil pastels, but alot more detail than i did on my self portrait (provided i look much much different now)

when i draw, i like to do portraits and get as much realism as i can in it, and just so you know the pencil drawing was done with a mechanical pencil. i plan on buying decent drawing pencils (softer and harder types of pencils for different effects). any constructive criticism is very welcome, i like to know what looks wrong/weird on the pictures and what it seems like i should work on improving

Self Portrait done with oil pastels (ill have the actual picture i did it off of up in a little bit so a comparison can be made)
    [​IMG]

and this was done with just a mechanical pencil, the picture i looked off of is here as well (sadly enough i can't draw anything unless i look at something...)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. k270

k270 Guest

The first pic in my opinoin is that you need to define the cheeks a little more. You also need to show where your face ends a neck begins. You need a chin, and define that chin. Other than that it's pretty good. I haven't seen the picture you drew it from. The second porttrait is awesome, it looks like an exact duplicate of the portrait. Good Job!

3. jackjohnson

jackjohnson simple as something nobody knows OT Supporter

nice accuracy. at least buy a set of: 2b, b, h, hb, 2h

4. Kracin

Kracin Guest

yeah, um, thats the funny thing, cause at the time there really was no defined chin if ya get my drift lol, and i wouldnt say there were cheeks to go off of either