SRS Drama central..problem with friend

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by advertisingguru, Sep 6, 2008.

1. advertisingguru

advertisingguru New Member

When I was at work last Friday, a friend of mine called me and said she really needed to get out of her house that night. I told her she was welcome to come over once I got home (which wouldn't be for a a few hours later). In the past, I've noticed her to be a little pushy, but I usually ignore that or work around it. She also typically wants things her own way, and CANNOT seem to compromise. Anyways, she seemed a little irritated that I wouldn't be able to arrive home for a while. (it was about 3 p.m. and work is over at 5 p.m. Plus I need about half an hour to get home).

Anyways I got home and showered. When I got out the shower, I got a call from a couple-- both are good friends of mine. They know what time I'm usually home from work. They explained they were on their way over with some take-out for us all to enjoy.

The girl who'd called me at work fumed when I proceeded to call her and tell her we'd be joined by this couple. She said she didn't want to eat what they were bringing; she was hoping to go to a specific restaurant somewhere else. (Who said *I* wanted to go to that restaurant?). She was already on her way. She said she was angry that they ruined the plan and that I could let them come.

She arrived (with the other couple there) and said hi, but that she wouldnt stay. I told her, why don't you get take-out and bring it here? She refused. I even told her to come by later, and she said no. So I ended up spending the evening with the couple (which is fine, I'm very close with them).

Now, her boyfriend, who's friends with me and about 9 other people, is distancing himself from our group of friends. Of the group I am the very last to fall victim to this girl's wrath.

Should I just ignore it all? I don't even feel like calling her or her bf.

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

their problem, their passive aggressive moves, their issue to get over.

You invited her over, you did not discuss any plans about going out to eat, therefore you did nothing wrong.

Just ignore it. She's throwing a fit because you didn't do plans she wanted to, even though she had never discussed them with you. If you had actually made plans to go out, then just told her plans were changing, she would be justified with her anger.

But, all you discussed was inviting her over. So, no fault to you.

And really...having people like that distance themselves from you isn't really a bad thing.

3. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

i'd say confront her on it. you've got a perfect example of where she's overstepping her boundaries.

4. attomica

attomica Active Member

I'm gonna go with MattThom01 on this one. Ignore her and her negative ways.

5. ASoT

ASoT New Member

I hate inconsiderate cunts who can't compromise. They always need things to go their way or they throw a fit. I can't stand people like that so I just stay as far away as possible. Ignore this person, you don't want her as a friend.