drag lotus esprit

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by LSD, Jan 2, 2007.

1. LSD

LSD knowledge is good OT Supporter

2. machine81

machine81 New Member

Specs? Times? English?

3. LSD

LSD knowledge is good OT Supporter

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

What a complete waste of a nice sports car.

5. What in the fuck are you talking about. Some stuff you say is on point but then other things you say are retarded. This is the retarded portion.

6. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

They took a world-class sports car and turned it into a single-purpose machine. Stomp the gas, speed up, go straight, then slow down again. Woooo...

I suppose from a certain perspective it could be considered impressive that they managed to get probably 2x-3x as much horsepower out of that car as it's designed to generate, by removing everything else that would make the car worth driving, but that perspective is not mine. I'm far more impressed by a car that can go fast with four people and a trunk full of groceries (or maybe just two people and a weekend's worth of clothes in a suitcase) while maintaining a reasonable level of comfort.

I guess I'm not impressed by this car for the same reason I'm not impressed by celebrity couples -- it, and the lifestyle surrounding it, have absolutely no relation or impact on the life I lead, or the life I want to lead. It's not even admirable from a technical standpoint, because it doesn't do anything new. Now, that TDI-powered Audi Le Mans racecar, that's impressive -- first TDI ever to win a race like that.

7. m3m750

m3m750 Kickin' it old school

That sound you just heard was Colin Chapman rolling over in his grave.