GUN DPMS question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by UsualSuspect, Dec 26, 2003.

1. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Sic Semper Tyrannis

Stopped in a new gun shop in town today and they had a DPMS Panther Lite 16. It looks like a nice gun and I was wondering if anyone had any hands on experience with DPMS products. Thanks! :)

2. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

DPMS makes good products. I'd rank them up there with most of the others. If it is a good price and you like it, then don't hesitate. Not a damn thing wrong with DPMS.

3. UsualSuspect

Outstanding. They had it for $699 which is high compared to the 'net prices but you got to support your folk so I guess I will start a weekly fund and get it. Thanks for your info.

4. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

i don't know about all the DPMS stuff, but i know that there are three brands of which i would buy barrels. bushmaster, colt, and DPMS, in that order. all of them make milspec AR's, so all of them are good. but bushmaster has the best pricing as far as i've seen. one of my best friends has a bushmaster 20" with a DPMS barrel that has served him faithfully for about 10,000 rounds. just make sure you get a milspec barrel, with the chrome lining. otherwise, you might as well just get a rock river arms barrel.

5. UsualSuspect

Thanks for the info!