Downloading from FilePlanet causes cable connection to go out..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Rick, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Rick

Rick New Member

I have been having trouble with my cable modem when I download from fileplanet.com. After I download a few megs, my cable modem connection will just die. I end up having to reset my cable modem, and then all is back to normal. I have a Linksys cable modem and Linksys wireless router. I have called my cable company (COX), but they are dumbfounded. Anyone ever hear of a similar problem before?

2. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

I assume you only have this problem with fileplanet?

Isn't that one of those places where you have to pay/subscribe to download stuff? Probably their fault.

3. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

i never used fileplanet. i hate their system. usually if u search google with the filename u can find it on a better mirror or in bittorrent form

4. Rick

Rick New Member

I don't have a pay subscribtion, so I just wait in line for the download to start. It doesn't always happen when I download from Fileplanet. Sometimes I can download from them no problem. But last night I was trying to download the HL2 trailer and my connection kept going out after it got through 5-7 megs. I was downloading the new Wolfenstein demo with no problem from a different site.