Downloading Files With IE...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mnewell, Oct 9, 2003.

1. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

How come I can only download a max of two files (at the same time) from a domain? Is this a security setting? A network setting (I'm using a work computer)?

I don't remember this anomaly on any other computer (work or otherwise) that I was using.

Anyone?

2. picabu

picabu I like pie

3. crontab

crontab (uid = 0)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
    "MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server"=dword:00000010
    "MaxConnectionsPerServer"=dword:00000008

This is what you have to change this increases your download session limit.

What I do when i rebuild my win2k boxes at home is to use http://www.speedguide.net/read_articles.php?id=157 the registry keys from there. Works well for me.

-crontab -l

4. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

Hmmm...

Shit, can't seem to find that particular registry value in the RegEdit. When I locate:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings

I do not see the following in the right hand window:

"MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server"=dword:00000010
    "MaxConnectionsPerServer"=dword:00000008

It's got a bunch of other things but not that. And then in the left hand window (the directories) I thought if I clicked on the "Connections" folder I would see the Max Connections settings but no dice.

Would I have to have admin privileges to see it? Am I just retarded? Shit... I'm probably stuck with only 2 DLs. That sucks.

5. crotchfruit

crotchfruit Guest

they're not in the registry by default, you have to add them manually. it works :eek3: