Downgrading from Leopard to Tiger *HALP*

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by No27Blend, Feb 11, 2008.

1. No27Blend

No27Blend New Member

So I have a new Macbook Pro that I bought about 1 month ago (early Jan) that came with Tiger pre-installed. I then upgraded to Leopard with the drop-in DVD provided. Now I would like to go back to Tiger so I can run Pro Tools LE (only supported on Tiger).

I have never done something like this before, downgrading that is. Can anybody help? :o

2. urban ape

urban ape take that take that take that

well i think the only way you can do it is with an erase and install, but even then i think the mac OS installer will try to stop you by saying that it wont install an older version of the OS

3. Rich

Rich New Member

Lions and tigers and bears oh mai

4. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Must be an older MacBook Pro as all of the ones released after the end of Oct 2007 can't run anything other then Leopard.

To downgrade you have to either do an Archive and Install or Erase and Install. Regardless of which you choose you should backup your data first.

5. dmora

dmora Guest

you mad dumb son.

6. Pitt

Pitt 1-1-11 — Never Forget OT Supporter

oops

7. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

:wtf:

8. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Macs released after Leopard was released can't run anything less then 10.5 from what Apple's government guys were saying back when the last round of MacBooks and MacBook Pros came out just after Leopard was released. They were trying to find a work around for this (firmware fix) as most government agencies haven't made the switch to 10.5 for a number of reasons (FBI testing and cert, DoD testing, NIST testing and cert, etc).