SRS Doubts

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by WGD87, Dec 4, 2007.

1. WGD87

WGD87 New Member

When you are in a long term relationship what are normal and abnormal doubts?
    I know usually in a long term relationship there is that lame point a couple hits and that sometimes this hits and it ends a relationship. It is when the "routine" starts as some people put it.
    When a person hits this point, and questions the progress of their relationship, in your opinion or experience what are deciding factors that lead to successful relationships and breakups?

2. sway

sway New Member

For me I realized that falling in love and being in love are two very different things.
    Falling in love is easy... you get swept up in emotions and everything is new and exciting. It's a rush and it's great.
    Being in love is not as exciting, and quite frankly sometimes it's work.

Now having said that. When we hit the 3 year mark, I had to start asking myself some very serious questions. My first was, Do I ever see him proposing and us getting married? Marriage is important to me and I knew I didn't just want to live with a guy. Then I asked myself, am I willing to deal with his faults and flaws for the rest of my life, and do I think he will do the same in return? Then of course there are the normal questions like, Does he really make me happy? Will he be a good father to our children? Is he responsible? etc. It hits that point where you stop thinking about the now, and start thinking about the future, and start thinking about if you are really willing to put in the effort and dedication and commitment that being in love takes.