GUN Doublestar STAR EM-4 Carbine Rifle 5.56mm $729 Shipped

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by LancerV, Sep 10, 2008.

1. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Are they any good? Seems like even if there weren't for another 60 I could replace the whole lower parts kits

"This lightweight, mil-spec, semi-automatic M-4 style rifle is optimized for high performance, and is specially designed to receive the M-203 grenade launcher. Features a 16” chromemoly steel, 1x9 twist barrel with a tactical muzzle-brake, and a precision machine cut M-203 mounting groove. Also comes with genuine Colt® M-4 handguards and a 6 position M-4 buttstock to make this a complete M-4 style weapon. If you are looking for a true M-4 solution, then this is probably one of the best you will find.

FEATURES:

* 16” 1 in 9" crowned chromemoly match barrel w/ M-4 cut.
    * M-4 CAR buttstock 6 position assembly.
    * M-4 handguards. (Colt)
    * Tactical muzzle-brake.
    * Caliber: 5.56mm
    * Detachable carry handle
    * (3) 30 round magazines "

2. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

You could probably do better for the price. I've never shot a Doublestar but they're like a tier below CMMG from what I've heard.

3. johnson

johnson New Member

True M4 solution. Hmmm...

4. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Active Member

The "genuine Colt® M-4 handguards" makes it so. Don't hate.

5. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

I won't go into how Doublestar ranks against the AR chart of relative worth (don't know, and really don't care), but they are fairly local to me (Winchester, Ky; which is about 1.2 hours from me), I've been to their shop, and I've shot lots of their guns (they hook guys up around here).

Doubtful that you will find very many people who've shot them who have bad things to report. I know I don't, and I don't recall any of my friends having issues either. They advertise various "packages", but they usually have no problem taking custom orders. I've seen some fairly cool shit come outta their shop.

Might be able to do "better" depending on what you value in an AR, but they certainly don't "suck", IME.

6. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

if you build your own for that price you can customize it to your liking and get a nicer rifle.

7. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Ive tried that, and it ussually comes out to around 800+ shipping :dunno:

8. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

My present upper started life as a 20" bull barrel from Doublestar. Shoot tits in stock configuration. Was stupid heavy though. I had the barrel turned down to a 18" light weight and shot that configuration for a year and a half. I then had it rebarreled twice with JP barrels.

I think doublestar makes a decent AR. The upper receiver and bolt on my race gun AR are doublestar.

The guy I sold my original doublestar barrel is still shooting it. He has it on his backup AR. He says it hold a little over an inch still (100 yards 10 shot group). That amazes me as I shot the snot out of that barrel.

9. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

then ur not really trying. i've built multiple rifles for around $700, you just have to shop around.

This one came out to about $700 after all was said and done, even with the DD M4 rail
    [​IMG]

10. KNYTE

KNYTE I'm Not Kidding.

Better than Noveskewismacolt tool!

11. johnson

johnson New Member

Yep, there's no difference.