double dating

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Al3ra, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Al3ra

Al3ra New Member

hey guys, there is this girl coming down with her friend and her friend's boyfriend tomorrow to meet up with me, and i was wondering, what are some good ideas for a double date? i've already been on a first date with the girl, it was pretty fun we just kinda went out to dinner and talked. but anyways i wanted to make this date fun, i live in orlando (im a ucf student) and was wondering what are good ideas for a fun time? thanks

2. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

On Topic --> Vaginarium

3. tominos

tominos New Member

go mini golfing

4. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Bowling usually is fun for a group of people. You can have fun and focus on the game, yet still be able to talk.

5. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

I agree, even if everyone hates bowling, it usually makes for a fun double date. :rofl:

Really going out anywhere where its not too personal is good for double dates. Movies, skating, bowling, i like the mini golf idea, sporting events, outdoor events, parties, etc...

6. Pseudonym

Pseudonym --

bowling is a good idea.. even if you all hate it, you can laugh and make fun of it, and how bad you are, then go out for a coffee after?

7. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Double date is not a date. You're getting friendzoned.... if she really liked you, she would want you all alone.

Just a thought. I'd consider figuring a way to turn down the plans and do something alone.

8. tominos

tominos New Member

i think double dating is a good idea.. go somewhere fun.. helps break the ice easier.

9. beautiful disaster

beautiful disaster OT Supporter

bowling and minigolf ftw! :bigthumb: you really shouldn't do a movie cuz you don't realyl get to talk and all that, ya know? coffee or a club is always fun too

10. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

The difference is that the advice I give is designed to last for a long term relationship, not just a pick-up and fuck scenario. Yes, you COULD do the whole PUA routing - establish dominance, do some kino, isolate, close the deal, all that BS - but then what happens? How have you built the foundation for a quality long term relationship? Do you think the OP knows everything it takes to do that based off of your one line of advice? Do you think he *might* blow it accidentally, or is it possible that it might be safer for him to take it a little slower? :dunno:

Too many guys meet a woman who is THE one, they can't maintain the relationship because all they have is poorly developed "tricks." Then the lose the woman of their dreams. Why not let him take it slow, the two of them, so they can make a bond?

You KNOW the best friend is there *specifically* to judge this guy, and if he isolates her the friend is going to be upset and then what happens, huh?

What if the other boyfriend is more dominant? What if the three of them are best friends and have a great time and he feels left out? Can you think of any other reasons why it might NOT be the best idea for a second date? I mean ... SHIT ... if some woman I had been on one date with said she wanted to double date with her best friend and her boyfriend, I would realize I got friendzoned, plain and simple. If she wanted to hook up with me, why the fuck would she invite her friend along? So she can look like a slut in front of her best friend? That makes NO sense. :ugh:

Sorry, I just don't agree with you in this case, unless there is something else you haven't mentioned, your position just doesn't make sense to me.... :wavey:

11. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

:rofl: The majority of my first few dates with my now wife (yea, long term lol) were double dates. You give advice baserd on your own flawed personal experience in a relationship...nothing more.

12. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

First, maybe some girls go slower than others and like to have a couple of dates with a friend as a safety net or something. And I dunno, that way of thinking seems like it's kind of "all or nothing" to me, but hey, to each his own.

As for your second question, maybe the girl doesn't necessarily want to hook up just yet. Maybe she just wants to spend some time with enjoyable company and have fun?

Not every single time with a girl has to be super serious and only about the couple involved. That line of thinking, to me, would seem to make the people in the relationship super exclusive, and cut off any chance for hanging out in a group, or the separate individuals ever being able to hang out with their friends.

Also...the original poster hasn't said how old he is, he could be young, which is kind of when group dates are more of the norm in the beginning of establishing a relationship.

13. scribblec

scribblec New Member

not really... not everyones as lucky as you

14. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

"Never trust a man who's been married and divorced when it comes to relationship advice."

15. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

EXACTLY. But did you tell the OP that? No.

EXACTLY. Again. Agreed. Did you tell the OP that? Again, No.

Etc.

I think you do have good advice! :mamoru: My point is that YOU need to ELABORATE on this with some DETAILS for the OP, get it? You're getting side tracked by me WAY too easily. Shit, pissing you off is like shooting fish in a barrel. :p

I *really* believe that guys like you who actually KNOW what is going on (yes, I am being sincere) *really* need to (1) learn some self control and (2) teach other guys some solid advice.

I think that's what's wrong with most folks out there - you haven't provided a *detailed* and better solution. Provide one, and the good advice will shine through!

(Note: I'm trying to get you to post some GOOD ADVICE so everyone can benefit. Get it?)

16. SxyLambdaLady6

SxyLambdaLady6 New Member

go to Boardwalk bowl :) im from ucf too lol

17. Solus Emsu

Solus Emsu ****** U N R A T E D ! ****** -----THAT'S HOW I RO

Double dates have their pros and cons.

Pros:
    -She might be more comfortable also being around people she knows. This will help bring out the true side of her and how she acts when she is comfortable.
    -She might like you so much that she is going it to show you off to her friends.
    -She sees a happy couple moving in close, and might get the urge to do the same thing.

Cons:
    -She might want the opinion of you from others. If a guy has anything to say about it, he will usually think you are not right for her, but now always.
    -She maybe doesn't feel safe or comfortable with you enough to spend time with just her again like she did.
    -She might pay less attention to you and more to her friends.
    -She is testing see if you are going to get along with the people she gets along with.

I think everyone would agree that a one-on-one date is much better than doing the double date thing, but a double date isn't always bad and can be fun. The best is if you get to go out with them and they go meet a bunch of people they know. Odds are, if she stops liking you, there is a good possibility one of her friends will start to.