Double Date as first date?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by RebootEnzo, Oct 13, 2008.

1. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

I was thinking about asking this girl out on a date with me and my friends date. Or would this be a bad idea for a first date. I figure it would make the date more casual. I have also never been on a double date before so thought it would just be more fun in general.

2. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

For a 3rd or 4th date, I'd say this would be okay, for the 1st, I dont think so. I say this because going out on a date is usually meant to spend time with the other person, uninterupted by anyone else, especially for the first one. Your supposed to get to know the person and vice versa, and thats a little hard when you have an established couple with you guys. But thats how I feel about it

3. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

What if you work with the person and know them pretty well? Also, the people I am going to ask are not established really. Only on their 3rd date themselves.

4. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Ah ok, well then I guess it would be okay I guess, but just make sure you have time for yourselves as some point

5. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I think it would be okay :dunno: it could take off some of the pressure on all sides.

6. Ari1979

Ari1979 New Member

i don't see why not

7. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

optimal date = you bring the girl to hang out with you in your environment where you're surrounded by people you know (aka your friends)

8. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

way too easy to fall into friendship patterns on a double date.
    not a good first impression, especially if you have to depend on others for conversation. you appear weak.

the only exception is if you're going to a place with lots of alcohol, but that's not really a good first date unless it's micro-brewery type place or something. loud bars suck for first dates unless you know you're gonna get laid and just don't feel like spending a lot of money on HER.

9. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

I don't have to depend on others for conversation.