DOS help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Louie_EM1, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Louie_EM1

Louie_EM1 New Member

I would like for someone to create a line for me in which I am getting synthax errors for. At system start-up I am moving all desktop files to folder 1 as seen here:
    move "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\*.*" c:\folder1

But am having troubles creating a line to move internet cookies to the recycling bin and possibly the internet history to the bin as well (during start-up). I don't know the path names.
    This is in windows XP Can someone hook it up? Shouldn't be too hard but I kinda suck.

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

cookies are located under C:\Documents and Settings\User_Name\Cookies

and history is C:\Documents and Settings\User_Name\Local Settings\History

and don't forget the temporary internet files under: C:\Documents and Settings\User_Name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

So now that you know the paths to those files, if you don't want to copy them then insert
    Code:
    delete path\*.*
    before you previous copy for each subdirectory and that should do it. Replace path with the actual path you want. I mean they won't be in the recycle bin but they will be deleted which is they whole point of moving them to the RB no?

Hope that helps.

3. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Then instead of doing that, go and download TweakUI and set up the Paranoia tab.

4. Schproda

Schproda New Member

Yeah there are programs that can do that. IE also deletes history and all that. Window Washer, etc...lots of garbage apps for the paranoid.

C:\
    cd path_name\folder
    copy *.* C:\folder1