Doomsday Opening 3/14/2008

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by SS109, Mar 11, 2008.

1. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

Anyone excited? I think it looks like a lot of fun, a mishmash of Road Warrior & 28 Weeks Later.

After disease breaks out, Scotland is contained with a Berlin style wall. Then decades later, the disease escapes the quarantine.

A team has to find the lab in Scotland and get the antidote.

2. JGAC

JGAC Vin Diesel is.... OT Supporter

So that's what its about, :rofl:

I had no clue based on the trailer other than the world, or city, was messed up.

3. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

meh, worth a download but I wouldn't say it is something that I will pay to see... :dunno:

4. Akimbo

Akimbo New Member

it looks stupid as fuck

5. Zeromancer

Zeromancer Pampita's Love Slave

I'll go see it just to see the hot chick in it.
    I know it will be a mindless action flick.

6. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

Saw it Friday night, and it was great fun. A good mish mash of dawn of the dead movies, escape from New York, & the Road Warrior movies. They even have some knight fights.

Not a classic, but good fun.

7. Dangerousmind

Dangerousmind bad-ass amnesiac

Looks like a modern version of Escape From New York, except they replaced Kurt Russle with some hot chick...

...I'm in. :hsd:

8. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

it looks like a cheap rip off of escape from LA which was a poor sequel to escape from new york lol
    no thanks

9. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

This was one in a series of "It's my friends birthday so he chooses a movie and it turns out to be the stupidest fucking thing I've seen in months" events.

The movie was un-watchably horrible. The OP is either a studio plant or a moron, seriously, there was NOTHING good about it. It was barely even fun to make fun of, by about halfway through the movie no one in the audience was taking it even remotely seriously, I hear random people yelling "What the fuck?" out in the theater.

There is 30 minutes of exposition at the beginning which has no purpose. Everything that is happening in the flick is so fucking spelled out you have no sense of mystery or suspense, which is good because what the movie actually delivers is a series of completely random events not tied together at all with any kind of cohesive structure, that lead nowhere.

The movie takes place in the future but there's a 20-minute segment in a midevil castle... WITH A GIFT SHOP. Nothing that happens has any establishment at all, shit just kind of comes out of nowhere. Characters randomly bump into each other, the funniest one was at the end when they're rummaging about for no apparent reason and then they bump into a $400,000 bentley... in some random storage yard... and it starts...

And then there's a 15 minute car chase scene where A FUCKING BENTLEY GETS CAUGHT AND CHASED BY A FUCKING VW BUG, A VOLVO AND A VAN.

There's literally a shot at the end of the sequence where the bitch realizes there's a gas pedal and accelerates past everyone.

The "Bad guys" in the story LITERALLY DO THE FUCKING CHICKEN DANCE FOR 20 SECONDS OF SCREEN TIME. THEY DO THE CHICKEN DANCE. THEY DO THE FUCKING CHICKEN DANCE. THE CHICKEN DANCE. LET ME REITERATE- THEY GET THE FUCK UP AND DO THE FUCKING CHICKEN DANCE. CANNIBALS- ON SCREEN- PUT ON THE CHICKEN DANCE... AND DANCE TO IT.

I'd say more but it's hurting my fucking brain to think about. The movie was god-awful, if I didn't have friends there to make fun of it with I would have just walked out and gone to see something else. Do not waste your money.

It was a cinematic abortion. It was audiovisual terrorism.

10. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

that does not sound like a good movie lol

11. Zeromancer

Zeromancer Pampita's Love Slave

sounds like my kind of "b" movie :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

12. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

yea im going to it tonight

13. Muffin Man

Muffin Man New Member

:bowdown: I just watched it online and it was fucking terrible, disgustingly terrible

14. Frank23

Frank23 New Member

Excellent stupid movie.