MIL Dooms Day: Company Commander's Inspection (boot camp story!)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Insdav3, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

[I love telling my boot camp stories just because we were so special :love: ]

Well, we were fucked and we knew it. Recruits in our platoon were dropping like flies. Preparing for the inspection almost seemed impossible, and our knowledge DI had a thick mumbling ghetto accent that we couldn't understand. Turns out he was just a back-up kill hat, so it was probably on purpose.That left us with 1 pyscho Senior Drill Instructor, and 3 kill hats. See, our platoon was special. We were special because we were the last platoon in the follow series which ment we were the fucking retards who just passed MEPs and got to come to boot at a wink of an eye. Most of the recruits were either over-weight, retarded, or spoke broken english. We failed at everything except drill, hence we got broken off a lot in the pit and the quarterdeck. However, our SDI was ALL ABOUT drill. If we weren't perfect....and I mean PERFECT, we got IT'ed until we passed out. The only way to save us was to 'pop sticks' (rifle manual) and march like we were God's very own army.Our platoon was small too.... around 30-40 people at any given time. We got lots of personal attention. I myself got quarter-decked and pitted at least 40-50 times... and I was one of the good recruits. Shit, we started with 68...dropped 45 and picked up the other recruits along the way.

Anyway, since we really sucked... which was probably from getting shitted on so much and not learning, we had to prepare ourselves for this inspection. No one really knew what it was going to be like, but the day rolled its way around. The perfect phrase in boot camp is "you can't stop time". That statement was true, but they could sure make 'time' hurt.
    The day gets here and everything was shining to a tee. So clean and ready to be touched by the all mighty series commander, 1st Lt Hernandez. We're all lined up on line in our brand new alpha uniforms, looking sharp and standing tall. A lot of us were unprepared for the questions being asked of us. Things we had drilled in our heads for a month and a half straight. But that's okay, recruits were going to draw a blank under pressure. We knew that. All the platoons were going to have a few freeze up. Well this is where our beloved "Recruit Torres" and "Recruit Cruz" come to play. My beloved broken english mexican / puerto ricans come in. These guys were absolutly in there to just slide through. Go right through the cracks by being short and standing in the back of formations and not sounding off. Boy were they wrong. We were wrong as a platoon to let them get cocky.

1st Lt slams his heels together as he faces Recruit Torres. He then asks him his rifle serial, some knowlege.... which he gets most of them wrong. No big deal, we'll get pitted or something for it. We're all used to being on the verge of death anyway. We'll forgive you Recruit Torres. But then, a personal.... very touchy question is asked that any recruit would piss his pants if he got it wrong.

"Who is your Series Commander?"

This motherfucker can't answer the question. :eek4:
    He stays calm, like he knows what he's doing but his voice is looking for answers. His eyes are shooting around the room... a sign of losing his bearing. Sweat is coming from his brow now and the Series Commander smacks the recruit's rifle back to him.

Now, we didn't know if the Senior heard about this yet, or if he was watching. We had no idea the storm...no.... the hell that was going to be unleashed on us.

We were ordered to change out of our Alpha's and put them on a rack behind our bunk racks and then change into our cammies once again. We did so... and we didn't think we did that bad seeing this is how they were treating us. However, all of a sudden when we're standing online the senior explodes out of the SDI office with the drill instructors. For some reason or another I remember myself being at the rear of the squadbay for some reason. I think we had just 'crushed' the house (pushing racks together as fast as possible to one end of the barracks). The Senior/DIs just starts fucking ripping apart the squad bay. Tearing down racks, ripping apart blankets and sheets, breaking the fuck out of the foot lockers, throwing our hygiene bags/shoes/shower shoes/ICB boots all over the place. All of a sudden the Senior starts ripping open our body bags and thowing our ALPHAs on the ground and yelling about how we don't deserve the uniform, how we're all pieces of shit....etc...etc... just completely going crazy. Never seen anything like it in my life. The squadbay is turning into bad shape. There's shaving cream everywhere..... soap, etc. Then all of a sudden Senior leaves....he took the serie's guide-on flag that we won on drill to the head (bathroom) and pissed all over it and broke the wood in half that held it up. You could consider that the eye of the storm. What the hell does he do next? He's carrying our cooler full of water and he's got bottle of GAIN laundry detergant in his arms. OH HELL NO! This guy slings all the water over everything in the squadbay and covers it all with the detergant and shaving cream. Our footlockers are all dumped, all the racks are turned over..... the place looked like complete shit. THEN on his rampage he takes the SCRIBE'S desk and hurls parts of it at us on the squad bay deck... the thing just shatters into wooden pieces everywhere. Papers everywhere, pens, markers, files, etc. We just stood there in awe. Our senior drill instructor just ruined 1/2 the platoons uniforms. But that wasn't our concern. We had no stuff left, and we were scavengers. We had 5 minutes to clean everything up. we got it almost done but one of the DIs I think had sympathy for us (it was that bad... a guy who LOVED to fuck us up showed a little concern).

Recruit Torres spent the next two days getting broken off on the quarter deck eating 'hot trays' and paying with his sweat, standing....starring at the wall for days straight. I don't even want to tell you the things he had to do. He eventually went crazy those two days and went to the mental hospital. He had a look in his eyes that I would never forget and would never want to experience. He wasn't coming back.

But we learned and were told that our SDI was never professionally embarrassed like he was when someone didn't even know the Series commander's name when he was standing right in front of the recruit.

The End.

Cliffs: Inspection mess.

2. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

an add on to our platoon during third phase was this broke dick from MRP that i met before, i was in MRP for a few weeks for pneumonia during christmas which is a whole new hurdle to itself and i was a newjoin too into this new platoon.

during one of the final inspection, prior to the commander's inspection the one in cammies not alphas, we all stood in line and waited with baited breath to impress our senior.

our senior and killhats were actually nice to us and allowing us free time to just do prac and rifle manual. when the time came our jade belt who was the toughest despite the fact that he's the jade belt actually walked around and folded our duck bills with our war belts.

so we're in the line waiting for the series commander and the other drill instructors to show up. as random recruits were being questioned i was nervous just because i was a newjoin from a different battalion and i was trying my best just to survive so that i can go home.

the series commander walks right in front of me and looks straight at me and grabs my rifle and looks inside. he asks me for the rifle serial number and i replied. satisfied he handed the weapon back to me and said "you have the cleanest rifle i have ever seen from a recruit. you should be proud" to which i was confounded and uttered "thank you, sir". at this point my senior rushes right next to me and screams out "that piece of shit is a newjoin and never fired his rifle" the series commander stops and turns around and looks at me and says, "well at least you got away with being a liar for awhile." time just stopped and i just shitted myself because i now know i'll be in a world of hurt for a slip of the tongue.

while i was fretting, a minute later the series commander stops in front of the MRP newjoin and questions him on the chain of command and that's when the shit really rolled up hill.

the recruit stared at the series commander at POA, naked without his rifle, and just stared. a good fifteen minutes later of silence later (because the fucker was from a different platoon and never took the time to actually memorize the new CoC), with the captain patiently just standing there with the rifle at port arms, he smirks and drops the rifle onto the ground and walks away. that was when shit stopped rolling and waited perilously on top of a huge mountain waiting to flatten everything in its path down below.

the whole platoon was told to get the fuck up stairs and we all rushed back to the squad. the drill instructors never followed so we idnd't know what to do and the guide simply yelled for everyone to get on line at port arms.

an hour later of standing around with the squad leaders acting like bitches, the senior storms through the doors and chucks a trash can straight down the highway and goes into a blistering fit. everything was torn apart as he took us across deck to the empty squadbay and proceeded to work us all night.

this little event parlayed into many many tortures including our jade hat IT-ing the whole platoon on family day in our alphas because the senior suddenly remembered how we were all pieces of shit at the last second. at least my rifle was clean.

3. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

dude MORE stories , I fucking love the crazy stories Marines have from boot. Fuckin a the only bad thing about this is it makes me have the fear of God when it comes to my SIs b4 I even get to OCS :noes: .

4. kidhero

my three weeks of MRP on two seperate occasions was really the most interesting part of boot camp for me and had the best stories but i'm hesitant on spilling those.

5. kidhero

while up north the best work detail to get is either working in the target factory or in the armory. while there i remember the two other recruits with me would get to go to chow early which is a REALLY FUCKING BIG DEAL UP NORTH considering we were the first one there and had our fill of anything we wanted. after chow we would report back, grab our gear and go back to the baracks and get to have chow again with the platoon. afterwards we would just go back to work and not do much for the rest of the day.

sweet sweet times.

6. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

wtf did any of you guys NOT get held back? :fawk:

I had a pretty messed up URI (phemonia) when I was down there about a few weeks in. 6 months later I STILL HAVE IT. I was so doped up at boot. Pain killers, antibiotics, etc. The worst days were days I did not have pills. Nothing like doing drill and sticks with snot flying out of your nose and not being aloud to touch your face. :wtc:

7. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

You guys have a lot of cases of cellulitious (flesh eating bacteria)? There were a few kids in our platoon who had legs just covered in it. It was just NASTY. This fucker had bed rest for like 1/3 of the cycle and was cocky as hell. What a little bitch. I wish I could go back there and kick some ass :coold: The only reason why I couldn't was because I lost like 25lbs of muscle. Went in at 150lbs and came out of the crucible at 106lbs :rofl:. I'm back up to 150 though.

8. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

Yeah... I said Aye sir a lot in my sleep. Firewatch would tell me the next day like .... "Wykrent how did you sleep last night? You were fucking yelling Aye Sir all the time" . heh... Yeah I got those damn cramps you're talking about. You got to eat your b-a-n-n-a-n-a-s broly!

But shit I would be sleeping and my legs would lock up and I would be like "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!" and wake everyone up screaming in pain.

You learn to live with it.

9. NPH

NPH Guest

:eek3: :bowrofl:

A couple of things that I recall which I hated:

• Seabag to the order - you had a ridiculously fast 20 second count down to get your seabag off the rack. First you had to dodge the other recruits making sure you didn't fucking run over each other getting to/back from the rear of your rack. Unlock the fucking piece of shit combination lock, grab the seabag full of shit and hold it in front of you back online before the kill hat reached zero. Ok, easy part done... 98% of the time everyone made it online in time.

Then it came the order to secure the seabag back on the rack. Again, dodge motherfuckers. This time it was a bitch getting the fucking seabag back on because the fucker was so heavy you needed your rackmate to push up on it so you could easily loop the clips together and lock it. Teamwork, but a lot of the time he counted so fast that we never made it. Ok, no biggie right?

We go back online.. next command is "dump seabags." This is the part that fucking made me insanely pissed. Then we had to kick our shit everywhere and mix it up with everyone else's shit. Next command, "secure seabags!"

OH SHIT! The goal here was to grab anything within reach and just make sure nothing's on the deck by the time he reaches zero again. Everyone had someone else's fucking underwear, PT gear, etc.. who gave a shit, sort it out later at lights out or something. Our mission was to make it to the next chow with as little pain inflicted on us as possible.

This little "game" pissed me off for weeks, until one day I just didn't give a fuck anymore. When the command to dump the seabags came, I'd kick my shit so far it'd land on the other side of the squadbay and I didn't give a fuck.. It made it much much easier for me after that. I figured I'd get my shit back one way or another.

• "Lights Lights Lights!" - The only time I loved to hear those words was when it was time to hit the rack. Knowing that the kill hats were pretty much off your ass until you heard the same three words again the next morning. :noes:

I could never sleep the last 30 minutes before we got off our racks though. One of the kill hats would come in from the rear hatch and slam that fucking door. Then he'd pace around and fuck with the firewatch recruits (BTW.. the last hour firewatch recruits always had it bad as the DI inspected the head and squadbay for secured rifles and a clean head, etc.). "10 minutes to lights!" the firewatch recruit would yell. The DI would start picking out names of those recruits on his "hit list."

"You know what Pendejo (Recruit Pineda :rofl: ).. don't even put your blouse on, stand by at the quarterdeck." (bitch was gonna sweat some calories before morning chow. :wtc: "Who's your rackmate again? Yeah, you too bitch.. you gonna join your little girlfriend over there." :eek3:

I dredded the mornings.

• Sandfleas - I was lucky (or not) to have gone during the Winter months (although I froze my ass off in BWT and The Crucible with freezing rain) where the sandfleas weren't that bad. We only started experiencing them during our last 2 weeks prior to graduation.

They swarmed the fuck out of us during the graduation practice though. Fly into your ear and not being able to move was brutal in order to maintain bearing. I swear, they'd make your eyes watery after a couple of seconds in there.

One thing our kill hat loved doing was marching over to some grassy area in the early morning and then making us stomp the shit out of the ground.. You could see the wall of sandfleas slowly start building up from the ground up. He'd then tell us to sit. We'd come out looking as if we all had chicken pox. :eek3:

10. NPH

NPH Guest

yep. as firewatch, we used to fuck around with some of the other recruits by whispering into their ear talking like a DI. They'd actually sound off, it was hilarious.

11. kidhero

who the fuck says aye aye sir?

i go from one platoon to another and suddenly everyone's saying aye sir and me being the fucking non-american somehow manage to fuck up aye aye sir and get fucked with the rest of my time with fox company.

fuck you fox company. fuck you and your aye aye's

12. StuDLei

StuDLei Death before Dishonor

You guys just brought back alot of memories.. wow. Semper Fidelis devil dogs.