Doom Metal

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by xSamaelx, Feb 5, 2005.

1. xSamaelx

xSamaelx Guest

Now I know I've already posted a topic about metal but doom metal just kicks so much ass it needs to have its own thread. If you don't know what doom metal iis, it is basically metal slowed down. Check out www.doom-metal.com for a long list of doom metal bands, also available to search by sub-genre. Some bands that everybody should know are: Funeral, Shape Of Despair, My Dying Bride, Trouble, Skepticism. It's a great sub-genre of metal.

2. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

its too fine a line to know what to put in there.
    are you counting the more techno type stuff like switchblade symphony & aghora? its similar but real good :o

3. xSamaelx

xSamaelx Guest

I haven't heard those two bands, but the more techno stuff is more likely goth rock, rather than doom metal.

4. joy division

joy division New Member

i saw switchblade with front line assembly in nyc back in like 99 or 98...they sucked hardcore :)

5. hello pedro

hello pedro Guest

basically draggy and sludging metal? no thanks.

6. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

too many freaking genre's. chrsit.

7. fatlip

fatlip Transcendence Into The Peripheral

:wavey:

I've been getting into doom metal recently, I've always been a Death/Black kinda guy and always found it hard to get into previously, but Ufommamut, Esoteric and Winter have all been tickling my ear drums as of late. Sunn 0))) are really good too.

Tell me about it! I've lost count of the amount genre's out there with -core strapped on the end!

8. xSamaelx

xSamaelx Guest

You should check out Funeral, Pantheist, Shape of Despair, Dusk Ov Shadows, and Chalice (to just name a few)