Don't you hate it...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Fareo, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Fareo

Fareo New Member

when when a bunch of kids who know nothing about racing get together with there stock fbodys and "intake/exhaust" hondas and race on some back alley then kill them selves only to make more complete asshole cops who pull you over becasue your you have aftermarket exhaust and you got on it alil bit coming home from work (not breaking the speed limit) then acusing you of street racing....

:squint:

fuck street racing, its done nothing but damage to the car culture no matter what you drive, import, domestic, truck, whatever...

2. IMAJANATION

IMAJANATION New Member

agreed

if you wanna race, rent a track

3. itsover954

itsover954 New Member

Street's closed, pizza boy.

4. Girder_Shade

Girder_Shade OT Supporter

bullshit asshole nobody likes the tuna here

5. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

so you know jack shit about car culture, got ya

6. Fareo

Fareo New Member

totally.... :o

its fucked up shit around here atleast, although i wasnt gonna be an idoit and asume that only my town in the whole world is being affected by this. our local cruise street used to be a rolling car show at 10pm Fri Sat night. there would be 50+ cars parked in the backside of bel airs parking lot by the street and this would be the case for the whole 10+ miles.

the cops broke it up once in awhile but for the most part they didnt care, just as long nobody was starting fights. now since everyone and there brother thinks its cool to street race and go out kill them selves nobodys comes out anymore for the fear of getting busted for nothing. cops are literaly pulling overpeople with modded cars and making them pop the hood just to find something to ticket.

no serious car guys crusie anymore, i used to take my charger out but fuck that.

7. you know me

so you still know dick. got ya

8. MeanGreen

MeanGreen New Member

I would like to hear what the hell most cops find wrong if you pop your hood. Most cops know jack shit about cars.

9. V!

V! New Member

I don't know about you, but many still do....

Want to get your cruise-night back? Talk to the cops and cooperate with them to get the dumbass kids to not show up anymore....

I go to plenty of bike nights and there is always one fucking squid, we don't really tolerate that, so they'll ask you to leave, or call the cops on you.....:mamoru:

10. you know me

he's from cali, they check for "CARB numbers"

11. Striker22

Striker22 New Member

Makes me glad im not in Cali :rofl:

12. McLovin

McLovin New Member

Bah, street racing has been around since wheels could turn. If you can't recognize the history of it re: car culture, buy a bicycle.

Are there stupid kids? Sure, but that can be said about a lot of things.

13. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

:werd:

my club ran cruise nights for a while, and we'd call the cops on it on occasion if we had to.

14. Chevy350

Chevy350 OT Supporter

uhhh, while deff not safe street racing has been around since the invention of the wheel. It is part of the car culture, just take a look at old movies or hell even songs. The beach boys comes to mind.

15. V!

V! New Member

I don't understand this complaining, if you are running a legit car club cruise, then you need to step up to preserve it

As long as you aren't doing anything wrong, you should have no problem taking care of the morons

16. Intro

Intro New Member

I think some forms of street racing are ridiculously dangerous, but damn do i love to play with people on the street. I recognize the dangers and try to make the location as safe as possible,I dont go out looking for "races" But god help me if someone gives me the three honk.

One of the most exciting things u can do.
    my two cents

flame suit activated :wavey:

17. ZACKMORRIS

ZACKMORRIS Active Member

All of the retards race light to light in their hondas driving like maniacs in residential areas and shit. They're giving a bad name for the legitimately good members of the car community. Hell, at least if the crowd I know goes to race, they either hop on the highway real late at night, or go to an industrial park where there's no one around but the people racing.

18. Fareo

Fareo New Member

:bowdown: oh supreme ruler of car culture please school me in the ways of the wheel, share with me you god like knowage so that i can be more then an petty oil stain on the road...

19. you know me

:rolleyes:

20. Fareo

Fareo New Member

this is fucking stupid... how do dumbass teenagers killing them selves in hondas becasue they just watched "the fast and the furious" and think they know everything about racing, as long as they dont "granny shift" and "double clutch" they are unstopable... untill their shit gets side ways and the dont know what to do...

prove to me how this is good for the car culture.

of course street racing has been around since the invetion of the wheel, but it wasnt a "fad" untill now. it exsisted but not alot of people knew about it, they were too busy putting port hole windows in there vans in the 70s and putting ferrari body kits on there mazda trucks in the 80s and making their cho'low impalas dance in the early 90s... the "ban'wagoners", "sackriders", "lets just do whatevers cool to be cool" people, wernt street racing untill about the mid to late 90s.

all of the more recent automotive fads untill now were slow speed fads, it was more about tricking out your rides then racing them (yes drag guys still exsisted im not denying that people didnt still street race it just wasnt popular, im talking about the sackriders the ones who do what evers cool to be cool) now its cool to race.. on the streets.. in a import.. so you get a civic which any college or high student has, cut the spings, hack an exhaust on it get some neon lights and now your a "tuner" ...or so they think.

honestly street racing is hurting the creditabily of the true import tuner car guys more then anything else, say some guy bought a late 90s civic, swaped a jap spec type r b16 into it, fine tuned the suspention and so forth, really put some time into it and turned wreches on it himself, but kept the visuals modest, making it look like a lowred civic with exhasut and wheels to the untrained eye and you would say hes a "ricer", when clearly hes not ... how is that fair?

deny it, call me stupid, say i dont know anything about cars.. i dont fucking care im done with this topic because clearly you people (thoughs who think i know nothing about cars) are missing my point.

21. you know me

ip check...I think deusexaethera has an AE oh wait, you're from north cal....no wonder you're retarded

22. Fareo

Fareo New Member

you spit big game, but when your called out you cower behind a typical and predicable joke...

deusexaethera jokes are getting old an claming im retarded only becasue i live northern california isnt even funny, thats not even a joke.. god.. cant you try to be more creative or something like, "clearly all that califronia smog has gone to your head and rendered you a fucking retard" or something...

way to be fucking orginal genius... :slap:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  23. you know me

you do realize that street racing is the way that the big 3 used to try out new motor/trans combinations against each other before releasing the cars to the public right asshat? I wasn't going to say this, as I assumed it was common sense but after remember where I was posting.......It's not like they would set up a time/place for this to happen. It was common practice to prowl the streets and find races.

24. Fareo

Fareo New Member

relevance? :ughj: what does this have to do with sack riders and trendy kids? i see what you saying on how street racing as a whole has helped out automotive manufacturers (i see no proof of this but ill give you the benifit of the dout)... this still has nothing to do with my original point that the trendy kids who trick out cars to just be cool and street race them just to be cool is ruining the car culture... case...

[​IMG]
    ...and point