Don't read this unless you want a serious mindf*uck....

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by excessive, Mar 21, 2005.

1. excessive

excessive New Member

I was browsing http://www.anomalies.net and found this info under the time travel section...

TIME IS AN ILLUSION. You are immortal...Before you reel back in horror and count me as a flake hear me out. Everyone is immortal but that immortality has a price. The price of immortality is that you are not consciously aware of it. We do not pass through time but rather each new instant is a universe unto itself. Each instant is a frozen reality infinitely huge and small. Frozen and unmoving forever existing along side an infinite multitude of layered realities. Your death and your birth are forever locked in a frozen state. Every moment of your life is an ocean of frozen reality. To add to the confusion...For every choice you make in your life "quantum splintering" dictates separate realities for each choice. The number of layered realities is endless (gives me a headache). We exist in every state of the everlasting now. Our perception of times progression is an illusion

:dunno: some crazy ideas

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

dunno, that seems like just a fancy way of saying that you can freeze any instant, and then choose any number of infinate futures to take from that present.... which is in no way profound or special, in my book.

But I could just be completely missing the point.

3. just a rehash of quantum physics kitchen sink talk that's years and years and years old ...

4. PBNation

PBNation Guest

yep that is physics for ya :rolleyes:

5. jordo

jordo New Member

one that gets me terribly is:
    Close your eyes and think of the universe, picture it in your mind. Then take all the planets and dust and particles out of it.
    Then take away the space, and think what would exist, would there be anything, is there anything, would there be a point...................?
    My mind hurts at the possibility of nothing, by nothing i dont mean nothing in the sense of space, but no space.
    gets me all the time.

6. hawkeye_87

hawkeye_87 Guest

lets face it we are soo insignificant in the grand scheme of the universe and even if time is only an illusion why is the same for every one is it then a collective dream?

7. Gai

Gai New Member

I didn't get my mind f*&k....I want my money back :rofl:

8. true story. this is pretty much the same concept known as "morphic field resonation" that has been around for a while...