Don't Let Your Environment or People You Are With Deter You From Your Plan

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by i dangled you, May 7, 2007.

1. I was out to dinner tonight with my family. Had this waitress wait on us she was a 8.5, clearly attractive and I figured I might as well enjoy myself with her. I didn't want her number or to even date her. So she comes to take our order and I completely ignore her, then she asks me what I want. I look over in her direction completely surprised with a smile on my face, saying Oh Hi, I didn't notice you there, the menu was so engrossing. She looked at me funny, but then she smiled and said yeah sometimes it can be. Check, I was in. I kept up my cocky and funny routine throughout dinner, even though my family was majorly cockblocking. I still thought I'd make my attempts with her, because things were going so well. I asked her for her number as she brought the check, I told her to write it on the back of the bill. She flat out rejected me in front of my parents. No big deal, it was fun while it lasted, she still got a good tip. Now I was on my way to the bathroom and I noticed her following me, I slowed up a bit and looked back, then I smiled and saw her looking at me, she told me wait. I slowed down a bit, but told her I'd be back in a few minutes. Went to the bathroom and came back out and she was waiting next to the bathroom for me. She said here's my number, I didn't want to give it you in front of your family, I think this job is embarrassing. I looked at her and said sure it is. I'm a trash man, you can't have a more fun job than that, she started laughing. I started walking off and she told me to call her, I told her she'd have to wait and see if I did.

Now guys this story is clearly a sign that you should not let your surroundings or the people with you stop you from going about what you normally do. I could have played it dead and let all the cockblocking stop me, but I chose not to. Now guys don't tell me you are going to not be able to ask a girl out when you are on your own. My family was there and they were heavily cockblocking, there should be no reason not to talk to a girl. If I'm doing it will all these obstacles, why are you not doing it without them?

Beast

2. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I'd say the way you handled the "rejection" was what sealed it for her

You could have teased her when she tried to give you her number, but overall it sounds like you did very well.

3. What makes you think I didn't tease her about her giving me her number? :cool:

BTW, PM Sent

4. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

fuckin respect bro.

be a bit more wary of evaluating interest from chicks whose jobs it is to be nice to you. it is VERY hard to tell when it is genuine interest or them being paid to be nice

5. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Just curious, how did your parents react to your routine? Any time I try to do or say ANYTHING with family around, they go out of their way to embarrass me and make me feel like shit about it..... :hs:

6. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

congrats and u should call

7. purebad

purebad I don't need your approval, right?

Well, I guess that the fact I wouldn't ask for a waitresses number under any circumstances makes it seem even more elusive while with my family :hs:

hurray for being shy!

8. NCS

NCS Active Member

pretty smooth. if you dont mind, id like to hear your c/f stuff

9. My sister is the biggest cockblocker ever. I guess intentionally or not, she is, talking about my past god awful relationship, so you can tell it always fails. My Mom treats me like I'm two and acts like I'm still her little son, bah, she even mentioned at what age I stopped wetting the bed. My dad likes to be the AMOG (Alpha Male of the Group), I've learned to deal with him, I let him talk, then I tell him, I didn't hear a word he said, that he should repeat himself and talk clearly. He normally stops when he realizes I don't listen. They were heavily trying to give me a tough time. When I was being cocky and funny, they kept telling her I only treat women I'm interested in the way I was (I'm like that with every woman I talk to). It kept getting worse, I guess she realized I didn't get swayed by it. Routine? It's me naturally, there is no routine. I don't have a routine. To have a routine is not me. I don't have a routine, I treat every woman the same.

EDIT: Whoop That Trick.

That is the worst excuse ever. I got where I am by treating waitresses in a certain way. They helped me get here. They are paid to be nice, so guess what? I practiced on them. If anything I had a lot of misses, IOI's that set themselves clearly in the open. Then I knew it was the right way to go. Working in retail helped a bit, though when I see a 10, I do get kind-of silent. Still want that one from my job, but I think I've been friend-zoned. You should get over your shyness. I'm a very introverted person, but when I'm out and about I get very extroverted (yes I have the capability of both.) The point is, your shyness should be your friend. I agree with you on the asking a waitress for her number, but she gave so many IOI's it was a clear definition she wanted me, if she didn't she had a good game going. Anytime before I walk up to talk to a girl I repeat the statement in my head till I feel it: I AM THE BEAST. It helps me be able to talk to them. Once again use your shyness to your advantage.
    Catch me on PM, we can talk.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2007
  10. P7

P7 You have something on your tongue, let me get that

Does this sound like BS to anyone else? How would you not have noticed if she was asking your table for orders? Even if she asked you first it sounds retarded. "Oh hi, I didn't notice you walk up to within 2 feet of my face and ask me a question.":hsugh:
    :ugh:
    Throughout dinner, as in the one time she comes back to see if everything is ok?:hsugh:
    Which is it?
    :rofl:

lol, here come the date book references. Your father doesn't act like the alpha male, he is. He's the protector of your family unit, therefor he IS the alpha male. You sound like the typical teenager who disrespects his parents to me.

And he isn't in competition for your women:hsugh:

So you have a routine, or no?

:bowrofl:

These posts are great:rofl: I don't mean to piss in your cheerios, but the story sounds a bit far fetched. Picking up waitresses obviously isn't impossible, but the story is out there.

11. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

So..were you out to spend time with your family, or pick up women? Seems a tad bit disrespectful to your family...

12. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Are you serious?

You've obviously never waited tables.

All you need is one person drinking soda, and as a server you'll be at the table every 5 minutes at least.

Quit hating.

Results are all that matters.

Should he adjust his real-life actions so the story is more pleasing when he comes home and posts it here? :rofl:

And if he is going to completely invent a story, wouldn't he come up with something better?

13. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

:rofl: I think what you call his opening line is called sarcasm. How many menus are "engrossing"?

Plus my father is the same way when I'm talking to girls around him (business trips etc). Mind you he is not an Alpha male, but he will try to knock me down a peg or two in front of her just because he can.

He is one of the only people in the Vag that took the advice that he should get out there and talk to people so he can learn. Why do you need to knock him for that?

14. Yail, everytime I go out, from now on, you know I will adjust my actions in real life to make the story more pleasing for OT, since you said that. :rofl:

15. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Exactly.

And its not what you say, its how you say it.

Its not the jokes, its the character.

As a server, I can get my tables laughing strictly through my voice tone, body language and eye contact. The content of what I'm saying may not be funny at all and they laugh (if they are cool people).

Or, I can say the most hilarious shit you've ever heard, and if the people have sticks up their asses they just sit there with no reaction, or they don't even get the joke at all.

:werd: :werd: :werd:

Its en vogue today in our society to "be a hater."

Its much easier and apparently more fulfilling to tear someone down than to build them up.

16. P7

I've served, and I've eaten at restaurants hundreds of times. If I saw an empty glass I stopped and picked it up without disrupting the tables conversation. Just like hundreds of servers have for me:hsugh:

The story isn't pleasing or not pleasing, its bs. It sounds like something I would have made up when I was a freshman in high school to brag to my friends.

Creativity is a gift.

17. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

And the customer was then able to speak to you should he or she choose...

I don't see what's so hard to believe about it. He got her attention, and he got her phone number.

Now we'll see if she is truly interested when he invites her on the date.

18. P7

Maybe, but how would that get him "in?" Think about it from her perspective: at work, probably for a couple hours already with even more to come, probably just came out from the back where she was joking around and making the best of it with the line, and she's asking for orders. One of the answers comes vack "Oh I didnt notice you blah blah blah" rather than "I'll have the ...". Unless this kid is fantastically good looking she's goign to give a knee jerk tip booster reaction and forget about it when she gets back to the line to drop it off.

:wtf: How do you know what advise he took and did what with what where? He's a name on a message board. If his other posts are liek this this and you people eat it up I need to write a book.

And I didn't knock him, I called him out on his story.

19. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Because even from what you just said he did something different then what she was expecting, which immediatly seperates him from the rest of her tables. That's an in
    Because I talk to him outside of OT

:rofl: Why should he have to explain himself to you? You don't like what he posted then get out of the thread, this isn't the main forum

20. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

We have no reason to be skeptical.

You've posted a story or two, and no one doubted it.

21. P7

Sure they could. But I sure as fuck didn't care what they were saying. I was in a tourist town so they would usually ask what to do where to go questions, but I can imagine that if one of the girls I worked with was standing there listening to some kid with his parents trying to be cocky to get in her pants she'd tell everyone on the line so they could take a stroll by and get a look at the douche.

And tell me you have time to wait outside a bathroom for a number.

I'd believe it if I didn't hear this AMOG IOI FJDKS SJDF acronym bullshit. I read The Game and it sounds like something that would come straight out of there.

How am I supposed to believe any follow up "I asked that waitress out" to this thread?

22. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I met my wife at her waitress job, and she followed me out to the parking lot when I left. When you need time, you make time.

Are you saying that men who use acronyms do not experience success with women?

I can understand if they annoy you, but let's not get crazy.

23. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

What does "c/f" mean?

24. Cocky and Funny

25. P7

Not at all. The people who invented them have, and now they make money selling books full of routines interlaced with them and once I hear them I tune out. Not knowing who's on the other side of the screen, this is what I gathered from the post: The first thing I noticed about this post is that the kid was out with his family. That says to me "I'm in high school", or "I'm home from college." ...back in town, etc. The fact that he's more interested in hitting on waitresses than talking to his family makes me lean towards high school. Then, he spouts some silly "i didn't notice you" line, and claimed it was cocky and humorous. Not really, and how is a high school kid eating with his parents goign to act cocky? Then, he conveniently skips the rest of the conversation with her, which would be what got him the number because that line wouldn't do much more than raise her eyebrow. Then he skips to getting her number and some more witty lines (albeit these are a little better than the first.)

Again, I don't know who he is, nor do I care. Thats what I thought reading this and I said it outloud.:dunno: