Don't let her bad moods get to you

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by PocoDiablo, May 23, 2007.

1. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Guys, just a tip. When your woman is in a bad mood, don't take it personally, and don't let her affect your mood. It (hopefully) has nothing to do with you, and even if it does you need to keep your cool. Keep your self control.

If she is out and out rude to you, ignore the statement and change the topic. If you respond to negativity, it tends to escalate it.

2. Takitome

Takitome New Member

This is right in some situations. Some women will just talk to much, list every problem they have and direct it as your fault somehow. It can be quite dull listening to and annoying. If you let them play with you like this they'll keep doing it everytime there's an issue.

God, there was one of them at the buss today actually. A couple with a baby. The woman was talking really loud, obviously annoyed at something, acting real posh and superior. The guy just played with the baby, smiled and nodded at her occationally. Not bothered in the tiniest. I thought that was really well done and kind of funny, but awkward. I did find it strange the woman tried to make a scene in a buss with 30 people. Maybe she thought she could make him listen by putting him in an uncomfortable spot.

I guess I can be like that to an extent. But it's more like I'll say something uncalled for to get someone to stop messing with me or leave me alone.

3. NCS

NCS Active Member

ive been wondering about this lately.

lets say you're at home with gf. is it an option (and a good one) to just blatantly ignore a mood swing?

4. Takitome

Takitome New Member

Ignoring is probably the best thing, cause you'll only be make it worse unless you succomb to her wishes.

Ofcourse this is only valid if it's a bullshit issue.

5. frpSpore

frpSpore New Member

Last time my girlfriend did that shit in a public place (restaurant) I got up and left and walked home.

We all have things to bitch about, but when you try and do it publicly it pisses me off beyond belief.

6. frpSpore

frpSpore New Member

I do. I either tell her to shut up and let her know I don't care about the bullshit coming out of her mouth and go play a pc game or I just walk away and do something more enjoyable then listening to feminine nonense.

It depends how agressive she is being. If she gets uber agressive I am more likely to pop and become angry. If its just normal bitching, I walk away and do something else.

7. frpSpore

frpSpore New Member

A mans definition of "bullshit issue" and a woman's are often worlds apart. The line I use is, "You can complain about anything you want, just don't expect me to care"

8. gabacho numero uno

gabacho numero uno New Member

I agree. Also, won't she begin to resent you if she can't express her emotions without you getting upset yourself?

9. frpSpore

frpSpore New Member

That does not happen the majority of the time. usually only if she has been bitching for a few days in a row and I can't take hearing it anymore.

10. I just walk off, I don't even give her a reason, she will know that I don't care, or if she's where I am and keeps chasing me, I'll do something to keep myself occupied.

The best one though, was one time a girl I was with was bitching to me and I told her straight to her face, the more you talk the less I hear. She shut up instantly.

11. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

:ugh:

I told my ex "you can complain about whatever you want, but you may NOT take it out on me."

She had a hard time complying.

Part of the reason we broke up.

12. gabacho numero uno

I think he's talking about a relationship though. Not just some girl he's dating or trying to pick up. I don't think that'd be a good idea to treat your woman in a relationship that way, unless she is psycho and her bad moods are too frequent and unreasonable. In which case you should be thinking about ending it anyhow...

13. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I disagree with you. I do not tolerate rudeness. Every girlfriend Ive ever had has just understood that thats just the way it is. I'm sure they all tested me, but i don't even remember how it went most of the time.

One time i clearly remember a girlfriend in a bad mood told me to "put on your seatbelt!" in that pissed off mother-to-child tone. I asked her "excuse me?" and she repeated her command nastily. I remain calm, polite, and in complete control, but escalate the situation by saying "you do not tell me what to do." She flips out and says "if you don't put on your seatbelt im not riding with you."

I pull over to the side of the road, and open her door for her. I drive off without a word. She spent all night crying with her friends and i would not see her, spent the next day apologizing, and never did it again.

While thats the most dramatic ive ever had to be about it, If any girl ever gets that out of line again I will do something similar. I treat people with respect and will not tolerate anything less in return. If you make this clear, and are strong, people will not even bother trying anything unless they have completely lost control of themselves.

ps. im not thaaaat big a jerk. I doubled back and kept an eye on her from afar until her friends got there, but i didn't tell her that until a looooong time afterwards.

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  14. gabacho numero uno

oh, well if they're being rude to YOU because of THEIR bad mood, well that's completely different.

15. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

absolutely. when she needs to vent you should respond by listening, showing compassion, and offering comfort, as well as being emotionally calming in your demeanor and body language. She will feel safe, cared for, and understood. The importance of this cannot be understated.

If she is displacing her negative emotions into angry rudeness towards me, im not going to tolerate that.

16. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I was coming in here to write that on days where I am stressed out over something trivial and can't get out of my funk I really wish my SO would just ignore it and act normal. Because if he acts his normal self his good mood rubs off on me. If he gets cranky like I am then I'm even more miserable.

17. lauren

lauren Active Member

just give her some space. i do the same thing when my bf is having his moments.

just best to back off and leave them alone. they will come to their senses sooner without you bugging them.

18. glass

glass New Member

i don't know.. when shouldn't the guy keep his cool?

even if you're punishing bad behavior, you should do it with a cool head.

19. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I'd kick you out of my car if you didn't have your seatbelt on. I don't want to die (blender effect) in an accident because your dumb ass didn't want to wear your seatbelt.

However, I hear you on the mother-to-child tone thing. That's bullshit.

lol, my ex once told me to stop talking to her like I was her father. I told her to stop acting like a little girl and I would :rofl:

20. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

she knew full well that when i said "excuse me" that was her chance, but she decided to go down the route she did knowing that if she'd asked reasonably i would have done it.

21. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

My bf and I have have done this.

At times my bf has called me cussing and screaming at me about his bad day. I dont mind hearing about his bad day but I can do it without the language and the attitude. I have even told him he better check himself and who he is talking to because I didnt appreciate the language or attitude, I didnt do anything to envoke his bad day, and I didnt appreciate being treated the way I was. He then took a breath and realized what he was doing and apologized. Then continued on like civilized human being and we talked.

He has done the same with me.

22. frpSpore

frpSpore New Member

It's a great idea. That will shut her up, let her know you don't care and reduce the chances of a repeat offense all with one simple action.

23. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

You have used force on women before. Fist to the stomach, hand to the throat, you are nuts dawg

24. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

thanks il keep that in mind and now i am going to bed

25. NCS

NCS Active Member

lets say she's actually bitching about something, and its "illogical." is it a good/valid option to just say "i don't want to talk about this" and go do your own thing until she approaches the issue calmly?