A&P Dont leave home without list....

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by nicklk, Aug 11, 2006.

1. nicklk

nicklk New Member

Ok from a beginners view.....I am trying to get a list of items that will help my photography get better...lenses, filters, accessories etc....

So far I have a UV filter (on my lense all the time), circular polarizer, RC-1 remote, and Tamron 28-75mm lense on my 350D...

What other items outside of lenses would you suggest as a "must have"...I'm thinking a flash soon? What else?? Thanks!

2. 00soul

00soul halfsharkalligatorhalfman

some would argue nothing...

3. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

Spare battery and memory cards. I keep my ipod handy in case I need to free up a card also.

4. nicklk

nicklk New Member

I need to get spare batteries or a battery grip!! So far I have a 2GB and 512MB card....so I got those

5. Derrict

Derrict No, I am not Amish OT Supporter

I usually bring my monopod and tripod and leave them in my trunk in case I want to do some low light photography when the sun sets. You never know what you might drive by after a day of shooting is done.

If I know I'll be in an area where the filter will get a little dirty, I'll bring a lens cleaning kit.

6. fifty50

fifty50 New Member

dumb question, but how you free up the cards onto the iPod?

7. hash browns

hash browns lolcathlon champion OT Supporter

gaffers tape

and more gaffers tape

8. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

9. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

cleaning cloths, batteries, flash, cables to do transfers (if you don't have a media reader) and a tripod/monopod.

10. Obviously you need to bring your camera bag.

I also always have a pen and paper handy, never know when you come up with an idea or need to jot something down. Also if you run out of business cards you can start doing things the hard way. I usually always bring model releases and release forms. There's that Photographers Rights sheet floating around on OT, that is good to have incase you get harassed by the po-po or a disgruntal ped or property owner. Again your pen would come in handy..

Also bring the obvious, spare battery, battery charger, extra memory, memory card reader, batteries for flash, lens cleaning goodies, filters, lens caps, lens hoods, tripod mounts. This might sound weird but I always try to have gum with me also. Sometimes things can get boring or your mouth can end up being dry or you might realize that your breath smells like hot trash. There's nothing more professional than talking to a model with dog food breath! Of corse tripod is always good to have handy, reflector comes in handy. Grey card, humm... donno what else. When it's really hot bring water and a rag so you can wipe your swet.

I usually always keep this stuff in my car just incase....
    flashlight comes in handy if you don't know your camera too well. and those fold out chairs. extra clothes and extra shoes, DUCT TAPE (mans best friend), power inverter, towels (incase you have to lay down and don't want to get dirty), plastic bags (to cover your camera if it starts to rain).

dono what else. I'm usually pretty well prepaird.

11. k9n

k9n Member

link to photographer's right sheet?

12. MonkMonk

MonkMonk New Member

13. http://www.rcfp.org/photoguide/

And everyone on OT probably thinks I'm an asshole, well that's fine :madfawk:

14. Squally

Squally New Member

What do you use gaffers tape for? I know what it is, I do gripping and what not on sets, but what do you use it for in terms of photography?

15. Tape cords down so models don't trip over them and your cords dont get all sticky.

16. hash browns

:rofl:

17. For real nigga, don't have to worry about a model tripping over this wire...
    [​IMG]

You probably use the bright flourescent shit to put around your lens so that it's easily visible and no one accidentally grabs your lens.

18. hash browns

:rofl:

19. joy division

joy division New Member

whatever the job calls for :hsugh:

20. :bigthumb: :werd: There are many different things you can use it for. Aparently Hash only uses the tape to tuck his wang back when he wears skirts. :mamoru: :hay:

:squint: :slap: :slap: