SRS Don't know where to post this...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by cgnmd0819, Feb 4, 2007.

1. cgnmd0819

cgnmd0819 New Member

My boyfriend and I are trying to find an apartment to get out on our own.. We are currently staying at my parents house, but there are problems at the house in which we can't deal with anymore.. We are trying to find a 1 bedroom apartment preferably with heat and hot water included for $500-$700.. is there anyone that knows of any good websites to find places to live.. we want to move out ASAP.. We live in Connecticut in the East Windsor area and would like to stay around this area.. we've tried craigslist, apartments.com, rent.com.. and done a search engine.. please if anyone knows of any good websites please contact me..

2. cgnmd0819

cgnmd0819 New Member

yah we've tried the papers, driving around.. we are so desperate to get out.. and we've tried calling a place in the paper well over 10 times and they haven't gotten back to us :(

3. cgnmd0819

cgnmd0819 New Member

yah, I know that... we are just in need of a place.. My sister is manic depressive so.. the living arrangements aren't good.. because she is mostly manic.. she flips out on her bf and such.. and wakes up the whole house.. I can't even walk around the house with a tank top on without her flipping out on her boyfriend... because she automatically thinks that he's checking me out.. it's just a very stressful environment and we just need to get out on our own.. I would love a place of my own.. its just a matter of who is out there to give a lending hand to help out a young couple.. not too mention my boyfriend is a Vetran.. so.. hopefully something will come up.. crosses fingers

4. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Call realtor offices and check your yellow pages for property management companies. The newspaper is my best pick, personally, after craigslist.

5. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

You know, if rooms are that hard to find, you may also have to find a roommate and rent a bigger place, and have them share a portion of the rent. Don't live with anyone you know, though, and be sure you have rules and a written lease! PM me if you want a copy of the ones I have been using for 15+ years.

6. jonno

jonno New Member

good luck finding a place you'd live in for $500-$700/month in CT

7. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Are you kidding? The internet is the best possible place to find things. I've found every place I've lived in through the internet and you can read people's reviews of the places too. I have no idea how people found apartments before the internet, it would take weeks to get all the info that I can get in a few hours online.

8. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

You might want to check if your city has an apartment locator service like Apartment Hunters or Apartment Locators. They could tell you if you are being realistic with that price range or not. From the sounds of it you probably aren't unless you live in a really small town. Some places might include water but it's rare to find anyone that would include heat and hot water. If both of you are living there you should be able to afford more than that.