SRS Don't know what to do anymore....help?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by awd98tsi, Jan 7, 2010.

1. awd98tsi

awd98tsi New Member

Little over 2 years ago, started dating this girl. She is the most generious, caring, non-bitchlike, trustworthy girl I've ever dated. I can go do whatever I want, whenever I want. If I don't want to hang out with her one night she just says 'ok, well maybe another time'. Her and I's relationship is great, no complaints for the most part. She can get annoying sometimes, says dumb things sometimes, what girl doesn't...but it really doesn't bother me as much as it does other people.

Here's where my life is a living hell. She doesn't have any real good friends anymore because they are all married and don't get out or moved away. All my friends I am very close with, they all have girlfriends as well.

In the beginning all the girls always got along, until I slowly noticed the other girls would talk behind my girlfriends back. I confronted one of the girls about it, now she is the bad person because of it. Turns out they were only being nice to her to 'make me happy'

This really hurt my g/f, and also hurt me to see that even my good guy friends would start to talk to me less and less because of who I'm dating. The girls no longer invite her out to do anything, it's always 'girl's night', minus her. It's almost like highschool again and the age range here is 23-26 between everyone.

I can see myself marrying this girl someday, but in the back of my mind it's really hard to keep going forward losing all my friends. The guys say they really don't care who I date, but we can't hang out in couples anymore because of this. So it's just me going over to there houses, all their girls are there but not mine. It's the constant influencing the girls are doing that I'm afraid I won't even have anyone attend a possible future wedding the way it's going.

All of family pretty much likes her, I like her family they are great. It just kills me to see friends vanish over a girl. It's almost like I can see myself breaking up with her and everyone is back calling me to do stuff again.

:hs:

2. TheOutlawTorn

TheOutlawTorn New Consequence Machine

Sad to say, but you have to do what's right for you. It's not fair that you should have to choose between your girl and your friends. I'm sorry.

3. kiri

kiri New Member

why don't they like her?

4. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

Unless your "friends" have a legitmate reason not to like your GF then I don't understand why these so called "friends" are acting this way towards your GF.

IMHO, if these "friends" and girlfriends of said "friends" are acting like this for no apparent good reason then they are NOT REAL friends. You need to find people who will like you for who you are and who you are involved it.

:shakes head: Why would you give this advice??? Its terrible!!!

His "friends" are mistreating his GF not the other way around. His "friends" need to get their shit straight. If not, then screw them. They were never friends to begin with.

5. schmitty101

schmitty101 You might remember me from such films as "Dig your

I'd be interested to hear why exactly these "friends" of yours don't like your gf.

6. djshotglass

djshotglass New Member

:werd:

I don't like my friend's gf and neither do any of my friends. She was an inconsiderate bitch every time she came over (the last time she spilled red wine on my carpet and didn't bother cleaning it up) so I stopped inviting her.

There's also the fact that he settled for the first girl that had sex with him. She's cheated on him and actually has a baby from another dad - but he's still living with her and the kid that's not his. Has been for over 5 years.

7. johan

johan Active Member

How old are you and your gf? Although, as you say, most everyone is between 23-26.

So if you could elaborate on what the complaints about your gf are?

Although, generally speaking, I'd say you might want to find new friends. The ones you have seem to be rather intolerant. I'd love to hear that they have exquisite judgement, and are bang on about your gf...but most likely not.

So...what do they think is wrong with this girl?

8. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

There is either a good reason they don't like her, or those girls are just cunty and don't like to let anyone into their click and their pussy whipped b/f's will go along with whatever they want. So which one is it?

9. Capt. Slow

Capt. Slow Member

You really need to decide what would make you more happy. If your friends have no good reason for not liking her, then they really are not great people anyway.

10. Capt. Slow

Capt. Slow Member

damn. Your friend needs to cut-and-run.

11. TheOutlawTorn

I didn't give that "advice". I simply stated that it's not fair they're "forcing him to choose" pretty much.

12. Daria

Daria New Member

Need info on why friends won't hang out with her to provide any advice.

13. TheOutlawTorn

And I wholeheartedly agree that his "friends" are being totally asses. I meant for it to come across as "It's a damn shame they're putting him in a position where he's feeling like he's being forced to choose." I just worded it bad.

14. JudyVu

JudyVu New Member

Do you want to spend the rest of your life with your friends, or this woman?

I wonder why they don't like her...

15. awd98tsi

awd98tsi New Member

They just have conflicting personalities. They are the ones to bitch at their guys all the time, mine is more looking out for my best interest. She can get emotional, she's not a very strong girl. While everyone else seems to walk all over her.

If I'm drunk and throwing up, she's the one trying to keep everyone out of the bathroom so they don't fuck with me. When that happens, they say 'uh we've known him longer than you'....so they talk her down a lot.

16. Capt. Slow

Capt. Slow Member

Well, it sounds to me like you should ditch those "friends" and stick with your girl.

17. awd98tsi

awd98tsi New Member

Easier said than done.....

18. Capt. Slow

Capt. Slow Member

You have to just pull through with it. I doubt it will be pleasant to basically tell you friends to "fuck off or be nice", but they need to respect(or at least pretend to) their friends' SOs.

19. Daria

Daria New Member

whoa. Ok your friends are being major assholes. They sound like 3-year-olds. It sounds like your girlfriend is there for you and cares for you, which is a sign of true affection. Do you really want to lose someone that truly cares about you and looks after you, over a bunch of people that ignore you when they feel like it?

20. Daria

Daria New Member

You'd be better off having no friends that a bunch of shitty friends. If something happens to you and you need someone there to help you out, you don't want to have to find out that your "friends" aren't willing to help you when you're most in need. Try to surround yourself with people that make your life as enjoyable as possible.

21. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

Those girls sound like some real C-sticks. Sounds to me like you have a GREAT GIRL. And your so-called friends don't sound any better if they throw stupid stuff like "i've known him longer than you..." in her face. You should stand up for your girl and tell them to leave your girl alone. If they value your friendship then they need to grow the hell up.

If you lose this girl for this reason, you will be kicking yourself.

:ugh:
    Grow a set and tell your friends to F off. They are disrespecting your girl and you are letting them do it which means you are disrespecting her as well. Tell your friends if they can't respect her then they are not respecting you and you won't stand for it.

22. katt_85

katt_85 OT Supporter

I would say good riddance to your so called friends. Who cares if they have 'known you longer'? She obviously cares more for you than they do. I would stand up to them about it. Call them on it when they disrespect her, let them know they are therefore disrespecting you by doing so and leave/tell them to fuck off. Never let anyone talk down to your significant other that way. If they are truly your friends, they will leave their girlfriends at home to come see you if its such a fucking problem for them.

23. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Exactly

Time to man up and kick the shit out of your friends for being complete fucking doucebags. This girl sounds cool even if she needs some "polish" but the point is, she seems to really care about you and wants to take care of you.

24. wax

wax New Member

These 'friends' you speak of don't sound like friends at all. It sounds like there is no reason for your friends or their gf's to be assholes to your girl.

Its easy to say, "these guys aren't your friends, ditch their asses" But harder to do given youve known them for some time. If I were you I would pull your friends aside (without their gf's) and lay it all out. If they are your friends then they should be able to understand whats going on and and where your coming from. At the very minimum they should respect your point of view.

Forget trying to talk to their gf's. Thats something they need to do.

No one should be allowed to disrespect your woman. Especially in front of you.

25. Leaden Grudge

Leaden Grudge OT Supporter

Find new friends