Don't girls/women know about seduction by now?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by nish81, Jul 9, 2007.

1. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

All of this seduction information is freely available on the internet: fastseduction.com , sosuave.net , and the like; even right here in the Vag where advice is given it out. Isn't it pretty easy for women to find this information, read it, and understand what guys are trying to do?

Assuming that PUA tactics, and the general don juan lifestyle still works, I can assume one of two things. Either women haven't discovered these sites yet, or they have and it doesn't stop the approach from working.

On the other hand, the seduction advice for women is not passed through the internet as much; I find it's more through magazines, and word of mouth.

What d'you guys think?

2. kiri

kiri New Member

it works on dumb and/or vulnerable women

3. giz

giz Active Member

:ugh:

*edit* Do you have an SO? If so, how was your attraction for him generated?

4. kiri

kiri New Member

yes, and because our conversation flowed well, we got along, we have the same sense of humor, and he's intelligent. plus he's cute.

5. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

:rofl: women are so predictable

6. giz

giz Active Member

conversation flow and "getting along" are collectively known as "vibing" in the PUA community and is considered a technique to be practiced and eventually mastered.

having similar senses of humor and intelligence aren't things he has control over.

it took all of the above to garner your attraction however. so to tell somebody that studying pua techniques only will result in dumb/and or vulnerable women would be something I am surprised to hear you say.

7. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

what are you talking about? Any man has complete control over both of these. It doesnt get any easier

8. kiri

kiri New Member

we ran into each other once at a party, i guess we were both moderately interested in each other, said something like "we should chill again soon." sent messages back and forth, tried to meet up at parties a few times but it never worked out, then eventually we decided to meet up during the week. we walked downtown, decided to go into a bar, sat down and drank and talked until the bar closed. after that, we hung out a few more times, went to a couple movies, and have been together ever since.

guys have tried and continue to try the suave "seduction" crap on me, and it makes me want to barf. one of the reasons why i like my current SO is because he just talked to me like a normal person instead of trying to woo me. now that we're together, i like some of the sweet romantic things (he has bought me flowers a couple times, etc.) but right off the bat i'd rather just get to know what a person's actual personality is like.

9. giz

giz Active Member

You have control over your IQ and the chance that your sense of humor will match up with somebody's you randomly meet?

I'm interested in hearing how you pull that one off.

10. kiri

kiri New Member

you can definitely tell if a guy is faking getting along with you... it takes a genuine syncing up of personalities in order for us to connect the way we do.

a lot of my guy friends were obsessed with the PUA stuff for a while, i've seen it work, and in fact i've tried the techniques and had it work on GUYS, but it's all fake IMO and will result in superficial relationships. you need your ACTUAL personality to click with someone else's.

11. giz

giz Active Member

Well, I think your problem is that you are mistaking seduction techniques for relationship builders.

While a lot of it overlaps, I believe the two to be very different.

12. kiri

kiri New Member

i guess that's true, i was more thinking about people who seem to use those techniques to meet girls that they hope to start something meaningful with.

those techniques probably work great if you just want to seduce some random chick. in fact, I could probably seduce some girl, knowing the small amount of those techniques that i do :mamoru:

13. Shrug

Shrug Die in a Kimbo fight

i think one of the basic concepts you're missing and everyone else who desperately reads this kind of thing is: you're trying to artificially emulate something that already exists. If someone clicks with someone else that doesn't mean that person is using information he read on the net.

14. giz

giz Active Member

You probably could. :bowdown:

It is a bit sad to think about how misguided some people are who first start learning about this stuff. But oh well.

15. kiri

kiri New Member

:werd:

16. giz

giz Active Member

I realize that. However, what is the difference between a "natural" and somebody who had to actively seek out and learn how to comfortably talk to women?

Assuming they both achieve the same level of skill in the end, I would say there is no difference. That is the reason why it is unfair to look down upon people who need to read about and learn these skills.

17. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I had no idea what it was until I came to OT.

18. Shrug

the difference is stripes and spots.

earlier in this thread you were trying to break down what he might have said in order to date her claiming it could fit into "PUA (pick up artist?)" tactics while i think you have your outlook backwards. Your ideas and tactics mold to emulate real life, not vice versa.

19. Shrug

same hurr

20. kiri

kiri New Member

it's not a "skill," it's a matter of two similar personalities clicking. guys who don't feel comfortable talking to the type of women he sees in bars or clubs should seek out women with personality traits that are more similar to theirs. shy guys get along with shy girls, and so on. if he wants to date in a different sect of women, then it's fine to go out and practice. however, using these PUA techniques is deceptive to the women he goes after, because once they find out more about him, they'll learn that he's not the man he pretended to be at all.

21. Shrug

this is also my first foray into the vag, offtopic was killing me.

22. kiri

kiri New Member

boring today :hs:

23. giz

giz Active Member

I have to disagree.

I used to be extremely introverted, now I am the complete opposite. It was not a natural process, but something I had to learn and practice.

If I met you on the streets today, you would not be able to tell, I guaruntee it.

24. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

For real :mamoru: I've always been able to interpret most strangers actions when I first meet them. So guys trying to hit on me and use seduction techniques have always been obvious to me and make me laugh honestly.

And to the OP, the reason girls don't research this shit is because they don't CARE. As long as they are getting hit on they feel validated and don't really want to know the inner working of the male mind.

25. giz

giz Active Member

Learning to "click" with varying types of personalities and people is most definitely a skill.