MIL Don't get hurt in the military

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by backslide, Jul 14, 2005.

1. backslide

backslide This space for rent. Inquire inside.

Because the pain of filling out the paperwork hurts far worse than the actual injury itself.

I just found that out today.

Went to the gym last night and everything was going fine. Working out the triceps doing skullcrushers on the bench press when my arms just completely gave out. No spotter of course, but I've been working out for 4 years now and this is the first time this has happened.

The bar landed on my mouth and rolled down my chin and onto my neck. Luckily, there was only 15 lbs on each side of the bar so I managed to rolled the bar further down and some guy ran over and lifted the bar off me.

Touched my mouth and it was gushing blood. Went to the bathroom and it looked like I had bite the head off a live chicken or something. Gym called the ambulence and went to the local hospital. Got 4 stitches in my lower lip and 2 on my chin.

And today it was just filling out accident reports and on-base hospital forms to get my stitches taken out next week. And tomorrow I'll have to go to the safety to get lectured on how I didn't practice ORM or some crap like that.

2. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

ORM briefs = :sleep:

Sorry to hear about your face, hope it heals soon :hs:

3. backslide

backslide This space for rent. Inquire inside.

Eating is such a chore. It takes twice as long because I have to take little bites for fear of my stitches ripping out if I try and open my mouth to chomp on a sandwich or something.

Although, for the first part of the day, I was telling everyone I got into a bar fight. :rofl:

4. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

Welcome to MRS :hs: until you get a note from your doc saying 'Sgt Smith has made a full recovery and can return to full normal duties."